Can anyone "hand on heart' say:

• 20 Replies

LilacSandy

Re: Can anyone "hand on heart' say:
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 21:56 »
My greenhouse is productive 12 months with seedlings from November onwards as I pot on everything as I have heavy clay.  I put my autumn onions in pots and the the early peas and Broad Beans, then the sowing starts in earnest and I also start  to harden off in there, summer sees the Tomato and Pepper plants then seedlings of spring cabbage PSB and caulflower.  A quick clean up any off again in November.

stickles123

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 17:30 »
I was new on the plot this new and a newbie when it comes to greenhouses.
I delayed some plants as I was going on holiday and would not be able to water each day, happened to mention it to my neighbours on the plot and they have very kindly watered plants when I was away! What a great place an allotment is! Really must try and rig up some drip system from guttering next year though!

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 19:08 »

This 'back end' I think I will remove most of the glass, store in a safe place and hope for a good few hard frosts to kill off bugs and beasties from the structure.  Wash the glass and after giving the structure a damn'd good blast with a jetwasher replace the glass early next spring.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,     Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

rowlandwells

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 21:43 »
we have two large greenhouses used throughout the summer season we usually put  plants that are not to frost hardy in the greenhouses and cover with fleece over the winter period

never thought about using the tunnel but have decided to put spring greens and cauliflowers and broad beans to overwinter in pots to plant out in the spring he says confidently :D

regarding  the greenhouse cleaning  i must admit to be lethargic as far as that goes but your rite a good clean with Jay's and sulphur candle that we must do as you say in January good sound advise  ;)

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 21:39 »
I'm determined to use my greenhouse all winter this year, as well as my new grow-tunnel on the plot.

Going to Jeyes and sulphur candle the greenhouse as soon as the current plants are over. Hoping to avoid the winter blues I normally get this year - hoping the chooks on the plot will encourage me to get to the plot more overwinter. :)

devongardener

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 19:55 »
Yes can honestly say ours is in use.  During the winter its spring cabbage, kohl rabi, lettuce, pak choi, spinach, chard, parsley, coriander and caulies which head up in March.  Also grow komatsuma and red russian kale and overwinter spring onions.  During the summer its sweetcorn, courgettes, aubergines, celery, celeriac, kohl rabi, pak choi, spinach, peppers, butternut squash, early and late calabrese, strawberries,lettuce, parsley, coriander, dill,  early beetroot and early new potatoes (usually dig the first on May day) and carrots.  I should say its a big one.  Twin span 56ft by 45ft divided into four bed rotation.

We're also retired so hubby spends all day either in the veggie garden or tunnel, depending on the weather.  Using a tunnel in winter is worth its weight in gold, especially with veg prices rising all the time.

xx
Peppers "corno del toro"

Started by brianbishop on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

2 Replies
Last post October 24, 2013, 14:51
by brianbishop
xx
"We" have greenhouse cucumbers!

Started by JayG on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

18 Replies
Last post August 10, 2014, 14:34
by beesrus
xx
"Hot Bed" in Greenhouse?

Started by angelavdavis on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

4 Replies
Last post May 10, 2012, 08:54
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 39 queries.