black rock chickens

• 4 Replies

animal mad

• Experienced Member
black rock chickens
« on: February 14, 2010, 16:08 »
hi does anyone have black rock adult birds if they do how big are they, i am looking to purchase 8 and wanted an egg layer that was about the columbian black tail size, so i could introduce my 2 columbian black tails to the flock. they will be in an 1 acre enclosure with 6 wellsummer banthans and 1 silkie, they will have their own house but will be in the same outside space, do you think this will work.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: black rock chickens
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 17:20 »
Don't see why not, I have 1/2 acre with 19 large fowl and 2 bantams. 1 black rock - lovely girl, good layer and made an excellent mum when she went broody, 1 bluebelle, 1 amberlink, 1 cuckoo maran, 1 welsummer, 1 copper black maran, 5 silkie crosses, 3 white araucanas, 2 lavender araucanas, 1 black red araucana, 2 lavender araucana cockerels and a pair of sablepoots and apart from the odd squabble they cope very well together  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

ehs284

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 21:10 »
Hi, We've two Black Rocks. They are not very big, but I don't know how to size birds as the feathers give a false idea of size and weight must include feathers (anybody?) Good layers. Great characters and mix well with the Warrens we have. Do like to explore and have long conversations with you. Easy to hold and very docile, quick learners. We did have three but the exploring led one into a Buzzard's clutches. It seems likely that your idea will be a winner.

Jeanette

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 12:30 »
I have one Black Rock along with several others and she is lovely always the first to lay and very frendly, always ready for a chat

animal mad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 19:30 »
thanks for all your help that has made up my mind, i will order them later on today. it is always nice when you get a little bit of back up with your ideas.

xx
worming chickens and black rock with bare bum!

Started by nic n dave on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 11, 2011, 22:24
by ManicMum
xx
BLACK ROCK

Started by JACDORE on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 28, 2012, 16:32
by JACDORE
xx
black rock...not quite right...help

Started by darby on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 13, 2009, 21:01
by Foxy
xx
Black rock

Started by Beano on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 19, 2021, 16:16
by steven c

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 39 queries.