electric wok

• 17 Replies

sue anne

Re: electric wok
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 11:49 »
Being as I haven't got a gas hob I shall try using a heavy based frying pan and see what happens.  Does anyone use an ordinary wok on an electric hob or could anyone recommend a good wok to buy that would be good on electric.  I assume that it would be a flat bottomed, heavy gauge one.

madcat

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 12:31 »
My cooker is electric and 2 of the 4 rings are halogen, which I use for the wok.  I have a fairly heavy Ken Hom flatbottomed steel wok which is yonks old and well seasoned, with a wooden handle, which works well for most purposes.  Rub it down with kitchen paper after use to clean it and if I have to wash it, oil it lightly afterwards to stop it rusting.

I also have a bit bigger, lighter weight non stick flat bottomed wok which works great for simple stir fried veggies in particular.  It heats fast and has the room to keep the veggies moving (using a wooden spatula) as they cook.  It cost ..... trumpt-tra!  ... £4 from Ikea just before Christmas.  If you want to try out Chinese cooking and stir fries - well it wont break the bank if you dont take to it, but it does work suprisingly well!
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

sue anne

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 18:45 »
WOW that sounds great, I do have 2 halogen rings on my hob.  I might just try one of those.  Can't go wrong at that price. Thanks very much.

xx
electric food steaming

Started by chrissie B on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post June 05, 2010, 14:52
by chrissie B
xx
Electric Pressure Canner

Started by Potterer on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

1 Replies
Last post September 22, 2023, 12:26
by snowdrops
xx
Drying plums in electric oven

Started by Jackypam on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post September 19, 2014, 20:51
by Jackypam
xx
Electric mini & tabletop ovens

Started by BRYAN on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post September 13, 2016, 15:21
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 28 queries.