Soil ph tester

• 8 Replies

Poolfield2

Soil ph tester
« on: February 24, 2009, 22:23 »
Hope this is the right place for theis question. Does anyone have a ph tester that they really think is good? I think our soil is very variable so I would like the electric sort rather than using loads of test tubes.

I have blueberries coming soon and I know they need an acid soil so I want to be able to make sure they are happy.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Soil ph tester
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 23:18 »
I've got one of those that you just push in to get a reading, must admit i'm not that keen.  Got one and the needle didn't seem to alter much..........so sent it back for a replacement. New one is a bit better but result not very clear as needle moves about on the dial.
I was thinking about doing the test tube thing just to get some definite results. :lol:

Poolfield2

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 23:25 »
Thanks mumofstig, ok perhaps back to messing about with test tubes ::)

CARROTTCRUNCHER

• THE START OF SOMETING GOOD...
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 21:32 »
Hi We bought a ph tester and moister meter from wilkos and i also did a ph test with a good make test tube kit tester for ph to be honest im getting the same reading as i did off the test tube kit . it also said on my instructions to dig a hole before pushing the probe into the ground i did this in several places over the plot and found it ok it also said you must only push probe in to root depth I hope this is usefull to you CC.

BestBreast

• Experienced Member
  • Chhhhiiiiiiickens.......
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 21:37 »
Hi I have a tester probe it works really well. I will put details on tomorrow, now it is dark and cold outside.

Poolfield2

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 08:31 »
Thanks to both of you for your replies. Wilkos sounds excellent as I can afford their prices. I've just been reading John's book and realised that after several years of putting muck on my soil and realising that I've had poor yeilds for the last couple that I ought to check it, mind you with the weather of the last couple of years I think yields would be down anyway. Hopefully a better year this year :lol:

noshed

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 16:28 »
Anyone using test tube ones - don't forget to use distilled water, or you will end up testing your tap water, as I did.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Poolfield2

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 18:28 »
Thanks for that, it's just the sort of thing I would have done!

Duracell

• www.nrsarescue.org
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 23:01 »
Hi We bought a ph tester and moister meter from wilkos and i also did a ph test with a good make test tube kit tester for ph to be honest im getting the same reading as i did off the test tube kit . it also said on my instructions to dig a hole before pushing the probe into the ground i did this in several places over the plot and found it ok it also said you must only push probe in to root depth I hope this is usefull to you CC.

Thanks for that I bought one of these and was wondering how accurate they were  :D

xx
soil tester

Started by storm123 on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post October 23, 2012, 22:48
by bainsk8
xx
MOISTURE TESTER (IN SOIL)

Started by 3759allen on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post July 25, 2014, 20:12
by cadalot
xx
PH level tester

Started by sloegin on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post July 29, 2010, 21:21
by sloegin
xx
Soil testing kit

Started by cc on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post September 10, 2018, 12:46
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 39 queries.