« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 10:52 »
I really do wish him a speedy recovery.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 11:52 by Plot 1 Problems »

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: Let's have a clap for Boris.
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 11:53 »
I really do wish him a speedy recovery.

Gleavo, you're comment has  been modified as we have a strict no politics policy here.
Thanks for your understanding.

Goosegirl

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 12:13 »
Gleavo, thanks for that. Having worked for the NHS for nearly 42 years I cannot understate how much money has been wasted by some dictatorial managers. Some of these decided to stop us ordering the packet of twelve pencils we used to write the details of the patient on the plastic cassettes but we could order a single pencil at the same cost, created a document to inform all staff that they could only wear plain wedding rings and cardigans, not to dye their hair, the colour of scrunchies was to be either white or blue and ladies needed to get permission to take their tights off on a hot day.  :tongue2:
When I was sent on a two-day seminar about how we could work more efficiently I sat on a table with my senior and both our eyes glazed over. I knew one of the lecturers and said to her  "Isn't this just common sense" and she said you are so right. That was the day I decided I'd had enough and I've never regretted it since.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 14:18 »
Goosey, I don't think I've ever read the words 'cardigans' and 'scrunchies' in the same post ever before!

There's always a first time I suppose, but I'll wander around in a daze for several hours now...:0)

Good news about Boris just now, let's all hope in continues!

Goosegirl

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2020, 13:00 »
I wandered around in a similar daze when I got the email about what clothes we had to wear to comply with this strange new management regulation. After I'd had some lunch to re-fuel my brain cells, I sent an email back which was something like this but not as I would like to have said it.
"Whilst I concur with some issues regarding the safety of patients in your care, do they really give a stuff if you've just dyed your hair purple then tied it up with a red scrunchie?

Boris's dad has got it just right because anyone, and it doesn't matter who they are, when they're recovering from this virus needs time to recover. 

Growster...

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2020, 14:31 »
You're better qualified than anyone I know on this subject, Goosey, so well said!

The rumours from awful people, about Boris' stay in St Thomas's Hospital are despicable, hopefully, comeuppance will be the name of the game when he's better! (On the underside of the blogosphere, it's already happening, but you know I won't mention it here)!

:0)

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 45 queries.