coronavirus and its consequences

• 99 Replies

WeavingGryphon

Re: coronavirus and its consequences
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2020, 12:49 »
Yes, I'm not even going to give them the benefit of doubt that it was someone getting in to care for his chickens as he was one of a group who can access each others plots through shared keys.

Oh no, are the chickens okay?

Mr Dog

« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2020, 14:50 »
Oh no, are the chickens okay?

Yes, they are being looked after by others - the gate had been re-locked today. One sad thing is that we won't be able to pay our respects at his funeral.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2020, 16:39 »
Yes, they are being looked after by others - the gate had been re-locked today. One sad thing is that we won't be able to pay our respects at his funeral.

That's a relief, I hope they are coping with being rehomed. 
You can have a later ceremony to remember him and make a posy out of your own flowers since the flower shops are closed. It would probably mean more.

Today both neighbours are totally ignoring the 2m rule among all the other rules. One has someone over working on the house and they are standing too close. Both to each other and some other random man who showed up.

The ones on the other side are having a party. They are still working, but their friends aren't so they are all over here. For the 3rd time this week.

Growster...

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2020, 18:08 »
Mrs Growster and I were planning to visit a daught for her birthday tomorrow.

Of course, that's off now, but while we said we'd take her present over to her and celebrate as in normal times, we always included taking a bottle and a decent card as well!

Guess who completely forgot the post...

:0(

Luckily, she is head of IT at her firm, and has devised a three-way Ipad chat for her staff, and we'll try and use that...

Watch this space - we may all be doing it, but I'll need to get a haircut first..:0)

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2020, 21:36 »
I sincerely hope Boris pulls through, ICU isn't a place I would want to be.

He's been working himself to a frazzle the past weeks and it's taken its toll. My thoughts are with him and his family, as they are with anyone who has been touched by this terrible place we find ourselves.

Pointless sentiment but, be strong Boris.

Br

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2020, 08:30 »
Is anyone else dreaming of being movement restricted or locked in? I am.
I'm dreaming of trying to get cooking ingredients and not being allowed to the shop because I've already had my walk. Panic PANIC.

Growster...

« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2020, 14:17 »
One of the more extraordinary consequences of CV, is that I actually mowed the lawn with a small hand-mower yesterday, as I'm nearly out of petrol!

I also did the kerbage area outside the Turrets, just to make the place look nice, but I could easily show off my winter-white legs on the third day of wearing shorts in this glorious weather!

Luckily, there were only three cars and a van passing by, and nobody 'tooted'!

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2020, 09:56 »
One of the more extraordinary consequences of CV, is that I actually mowed the lawn with a small hand-mower yesterday, as I'm nearly out of petrol!

I also did the kerbage area outside the Turrets, just to make the place look nice, but I could easily show off my winter-white legs on the third day of wearing shorts in this glorious weather!

Luckily, there were only three cars and a van passing by, and nobody 'tooted'!

Toot toot (so you don't feel neglected).
Isn't fuel at it's cheapest? Fill it up.

I'm looking at buying a trolley wagon thing for the shopping (long term) and for taking the kids on walks. they can get in when they are tired or bored. I like going out for 2-3 hours and they can't cope, I can't cope with not getting my exercise. The wagon apparatus things can carry up to 150Kg
Having said that they'll spend most of their time in it because they are a lazy wee pair of tripes.

Growster...

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2020, 14:30 »
"Toot toot (so you don't feel neglected)."

Thanks sooo much, Weavers, I feel really refreshed!

Back in the day when 'booze cruises' were popular, and ferries to Boulogne were cheap, we bought one online (standard orange contraption, lots of funny wheels and a useless sack-holder), and used it several times...

I still do but the Chateau Plonk and cheap 5% beer has been replaced with Jack's Magic, and the odd coal sack...

xx
Coronavirus.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post April 11, 2020, 20:05
by mrs bouquet
xx
Coronavirus

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post January 31, 2020, 16:43
by Aidy
xx
Coronavirus now a pandemic

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post April 15, 2020, 16:34
by Mr Dog
xx
Sainsbury's and Coronavirus.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post March 27, 2020, 11:19
by Kleftiwallah

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 48 queries.