Primark opening hours

• 11 Replies

GraciesGran

Primark opening hours
« on: November 28, 2020, 08:02 »
Apparently they will be opening 24 hours a day in December.

Form an orderly queue!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Primark opening hours
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 09:23 »
I can see the sense in that.  A lot of people work odd hours now and might be up for some shopping either before or after work.  It would be nice and quiet as well and easier to park :)

Now planning late night trip myself  :lol:

grinling

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 15:57 »
My nearest 24 hour one is Nottingham  :(

Christine

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 16:32 »
The one in the Metrocentre is planning to open 24 hours a day - should cause havoc with security as the place usually closes to the public overnight.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 17:26 »
I can see a lot of shops wanting to open for extended hours, so it might be the shopping centres have already made provision for additional night security through December.

We have a 24hr Trasco near me and I have on occasion popped in on the way home after working strange shifts.  There are always people there shopping.  When I worked in the garden centre, at really busy times, when we were in at the dawn of sparrow’s fart, I would stop at a 24hr MaccyD to grab a coffee and something to eat on the drive.  There were always police in there recovering from the night shift with some much needed food and a feet up session  :)

Christine

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 08:51 »
Noted that M&S are threatening to do late night opening in the week before Christmas

Not sure that either Primark or M&S are places I fancy being in the middle of the night.

GraciesGran

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 09:22 »
Christine, you and me both.  Shopping my least favourite occupation, even worse than housework. 

wighty

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 12:28 »
We don't have a Primark on the Island so it's a treat for me when I visit either of my daughters on the mainland.  We only got an M&S late '90's.  Prior to that a day trip to Portsmouth on the Hovercraft was known as the 'knicker run'. Can't say I really fancy shopping late at night either.  Far more important things to do, but I can see the benefit of it to those people working late shifts.

Elaine G

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 14:04 »
A friend who has been sheltering was desperate for groceries one day. She went to the supermarket at 8.30pm and was surprised to find it virtually empty. Now if she does all her shopping late evening.
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 14:07 »
Elaine, I also choose to go mid-evening. There's generally stocks of everything, although fresh fruit and veg might be a little low sometimes.  It's far less busy than daytime or weekends.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 21:31 »
I do feel sorry for the workers of these stores, they might be asked to begin with but in the end it will be expected of them just like Sunday trading :( & no I’m not at all religious. I can see how if you are a shift worker it might be preferable.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 09:51 »
It may mean some are pressured Snowdrops, but there are lots of overnight workers already and you are right, those hours do suit a lot of folk.

We have people putting together the internet shopping orders overnight year round, as do a lot of other companies, plus some do a lot of stock filling overnight as well.  We tend to end at some point during the evening and get out of the way of the pickers.  There are also transport workers, takeaway places and people involved in the distribution and delivery businesses.  You generally get an enhanced hourly rate.  It adds up quite nicely if you do a lot of hours overnight and means you need to work less hours overall.

question
Opening Preserved/Pickled Jars. No, Seriously! :D

Started by garrarufa on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post January 25, 2020, 10:59
by 8doubles
xx
Yahoo emails - opening a file ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2021, 16:29
by mumofstig
xx
Working hours

Started by angelfruit on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post May 17, 2023, 18:34
by Yorkie
xx
Just walked for 2 hours !!!! ....

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post January 31, 2021, 19:56
by Aidy

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 52 queries.