clearing my plot

• 6 Replies

gidster

clearing my plot
« on: April 11, 2009, 10:17 »
since i got my allotment in november 2008 , the allotment people still havent cleared the top and bottom of my allotment,

id clear it myself if they provided a skip or something,they have said they will try and get it done but nothing is happening. ive got 2 young kids but dont like taking them down as theres lots of glass from the windows and doors that are piled there,theres pvc doors and windows and stacks of others stuff, its been a real dumping ground.luckily its only the top 5 m and bottom 5 m so im able to get growing in the middle. its a proper eyesore.

is it their duty to clean it up does anyone know.   thanks

mikem

• Experienced Member
Re: clearing my plot
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:26 »
It will depend upon what was agreed or what is in your tenancy agreement or what is the constitution of your allotment association.  My one wouldn't give any help, i.e. I took the plot on and it is up to me to get it into the state that I want it.  :(

gidster

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 11:02 »
hi

from the outset the woman in charge told me it would get cleared and rotavated if i wanted, i declined on the rotavating , so i dont know what more i can do, ive spoken to her a few times on the phone about this problem but get the same reply which is "havent they done it yet,ill speak to some one"

like i said id love to crack on with clearing it myself but where to i put pvc door frames and windows and glass.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 11:19 »
As they have offered to clear it then they should honour it, but my site dont offer anything like that. We didnt even get a first year discount

Maybe offer to hire a skip yourself? As they are bound to be much more expensive than any clearing the council will do then that may get it moving.
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 11:22 »
Just a thought wouldn't the windows and doors be useful for a cold frame or a shed/greenhouse? It's just the sought of thing people are usually looking for.
Are they any good to the others on your site try asking around or are they absolute cr@p?

mickwood

• Experienced Member
    • Our Lotty
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 17:03 »
I'm in a similar position but the parish council have been brilliant, they are putting in a new fence on one side and they have arranged to hire a skip for me (I have to fill it myself though...I think?)

My guess is that they would only be doing this if it was their duty to do so? after all I only pay £12 a year!!

harrymac

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 18:28 »
Next time you ring ask what their complaints procedure is, that should get some action.

xx
Clearing the plot

Started by Pep on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post November 21, 2010, 08:29
by Christine
xx
Clearing new plot

Started by teflon on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post March 25, 2009, 08:56
by cAnAry53
xx
help - clearing plot

Started by mike1987 on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post May 24, 2010, 20:30
by Dom2599
xx
Clearing a new plot

Started by tuckers_luck on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 16, 2013, 23:36
by gavinjconway

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 37 queries.