Poultry fair

• 4 Replies

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
Poultry fair
« on: May 29, 2010, 17:43 »
We visited a poultry fair this morning here in norther ireland, my first time at a poultry fair.   Wasnt that impressed to be honest in the condition of some of the birds and surprised that they were still being sold  :ohmy:, there were a few roosters that were feeling very sorry for themselves, but on the other hand there were some nice birds, saw some very nice light sussex and RIRs, i was very good and didnt buy anything (only cause there werent any cream legbars :lol:)    I managed to buy a lovely brand new house for the girlies, £130 but i reckon its money well spent, its even been creosoted which i was very pleased about, the girlies will love it, its getting delivered on monday or tuesday as it wouldnt fit in our car so will take some piccys when it arrives.   I also met up with Carolbriar, it was wonderful to meet her and we had a good chat.   I was very jealous as her friend bought 3 gorgeous runner ducks they were just beautiful.   So good day, we are off to a country fair tomorrow so my hubby can get his pig roast roll ::) ::) ::) ::)  nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

dizzylizzie

Re: Poultry fair
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 18:52 »
Glad you have had a fab day....apart from a coop did you add to your chicken/kitchen collection?

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 20:11 »
Glad you have had a fab day....apart from a coop did you add to your chicken/kitchen collection?

no, to be honest there wasnt any thing like that there, i have flea bay for that  :lol: :lol: nickyx

carolbriar

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 09:19 »
I agree with Nicky about the poultry fair.  It really was an eye opener for me as it was the first I'd gone to.  Some of the poor things had raw patches or just looked scrawny, uncared for etc.  There were also ones that looked very nice but I was only browsing.  My friend bought 4 silkies - they looked very young (3 hens 1 rooster), 2 black rock hens, 2 hybrids and 2 Isa's I think.  Then came the 3 Indian runner ducks - they were gorgeous.  When I took her home, the ducks were trying to get out of the bag as the seller had cut quite big holes in it.  I will find out in the next day or two if chaos reigned after introducing them to her 2 roosters and 2 hens and 1 chick. 
It was great meeting Nicky and her family - hope they enjoy the country fair today.  Nicky was very good as she said and didn't get any more girls yesterday! I feel a cream legbar coming on though Nicky :)
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 09:27 »
I agree with Nicky about the poultry fair.  It really was an eye opener for me as it was the first I'd gone to.  Some of the poor things had raw patches or just looked scrawny, uncared for etc.  There were also ones that looked very nice but I was only browsing.  My friend bought 4 silkies - they looked very young (3 hens 1 rooster), 2 black rock hens, 2 hybrids and 2 Isa's I think.  Then came the 3 Indian runner ducks - they were gorgeous.  When I took her home, the ducks were trying to get out of the bag as the seller had cut quite big holes in it.  I will find out in the next day or two if chaos reigned after introducing them to her 2 roosters and 2 hens and 1 chick. 
It was great meeting Nicky and her family - hope they enjoy the country fair today.  Nicky was very good as she said and didn't get any more girls yesterday! I feel a cream legbar coming on though Nicky :)
[/quote

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

xx
Pig and Poultry Fair 2014

Started by joyfull on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post April 27, 2014, 09:31
by Timbo1
xx
Poultry Course

Started by kegs on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post July 27, 2012, 19:20
by kegs
xx
Got a new poultry manager!

Started by uba on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post March 25, 2011, 18:42
by uba
xx
New Poultry Moderator

Started by joyfull on Chicken Chat

15 Replies
Last post April 09, 2013, 11:10
by Sue33

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 38 queries.