Bullied hen

• 6 Replies

lynsnow

Bullied hen
« on: March 04, 2012, 13:08 »
my bullied hen this morning keep closing her eyes and looks a bit lethargic this morning never seen her do this before we moved them all into there new house and run yesterday. cant see anything in the eyes i have taken her out and put her on her own for the moment, not sure what else to do.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Bullied hen
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 14:16 »
One of mine went like that when she was picked on during molt.  I put her in the hospital coop during the day and gave her layers pellets mixed with boiled water and cooled and fresh water.  I think she had not been getting her fair share of food and water even tough they have 2 feed stations and 3 for water.  I put her back with the others on a night as it was really cold.  After about three days she was pacing up and down the run of the hospital coop to be let back with the other hens.  She is fine now, still bottom of the pecking order but manages to get her share and has all her feathers again.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

lynsnow

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 15:38 »
i only have three and there is just one thats pecking her so i have taken the bully out and left her with the other one hope that was the right thing to do :unsure:

ANHBUC

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 15:51 »
That should be fine, just check the bullied hen has no obvious signs of ill health and is not too skinny.

lynsnow

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 19:37 »
she never has been very fat i got them in november and they said they had wormed them but i wormed them as soon as i got them home and i wormed them in february as well both times with flubenvet. but having said that i'm not sure what fat should feel like.

ANHBUC

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 19:39 »
If you have 2 of the same breed just compare them both.

Sassy

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 08:21 »
Taking the bully out was the right thing to do. After a week or so you can put her back in and the pecking order will have changed. :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

xx
One hen being bullied

Started by Pepperpincushion on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 04, 2012, 15:19
by Pepperpincushion
xx
Bullied hen

Started by farmerGiles on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 21, 2011, 17:45
by farmerGiles
sad
bullied hen !!!

Started by Gezza on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 11, 2010, 22:59
by Gezza
xx
Bullied hen ?

Started by mollymuggles on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post November 03, 2013, 15:19
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 35 queries.