Chicken on the loose

• 3 Replies

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
Chicken on the loose
« on: December 20, 2007, 16:46 »
Surreal.... I was leaving the car park in Wilton Salisbury (where the carpets come from) and there was a chicken in the road, not a quiet road either.  She was happily playing "chicken" with the cars - excuse couldn't resist getting that one in :oops:  

I asked someone if they knew who she belonged to but they just said people had tried to catch her without luck and she had been there a few weeks.  I offered if he wanted to catch her I would take her home but no offers and I couldn't as I was on double yellows causing havoc, women drivers :lol:

He said the people in the pub across the road were feeding her so she seemed happy with that.  I would have loved to get her though think she was a sussex banty but her colouring was the best I have seen she was really lovely.

Oh well if shes there next time I go I will ask in the pub and give her a home if I can

hermon

Chicken on the loose
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 15:52 »
wonder how she keeps away from foxes?

Foxy

Chicken on the loose
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 18:02 »
Thats interesting..............I was in wilton about a week ago and they mentioned a chicken loose on the radio and did anyone know who it belonged to? I'd be tempted to try and catch her only a matter of time before Mr Fox finds her or someones dog....

slowef

• http://journals.aol.co.uk/slowef/thehenhouse/
Chicken on the loose
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 19:19 »
If I had the time I would go back and look for her but its a bit frantic right now with Christmas and due to be a granny for the first time any day.
 :)   Its a bit of a way away from me too so not a matter of just nipping into the village its 30 mins or so with traffic.

I was told she' been seen roosting in the churchyard (very big Yew tree there)  and beer garden so she is taking care its a busy area so maybe its too busy for the foxes, lets hope so and also hope someone catches her and gives her a home soon.

xx
how much weight can a broody chicken loose ?

Started by grumpydad on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 22, 2009, 09:41
by grumpydad
xx
chicken with loose dark green stools

Started by drplumlee on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 10, 2010, 09:08
by compostqueen
xx
What to do when you loose one :(

Started by eveshamchelle on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post August 29, 2009, 13:34
by Jeanette
xx
Loose droppings

Started by Topscaff on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 04, 2010, 18:37
by Topscaff

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 31 queries.