Templar Tiller Rotavator

• 3 Replies

schoie7

Templar Tiller Rotavator
« on: February 07, 2016, 15:01 »
Hi I am new here. I have taken over another plot on a local allotment and have been given a Templar Tiller rotavatorwhich has stood idle for a very long time. It was in a sorry state but I have put things back where they should be, cleaned the plug added new fuel and it works. However my issue is the rotors spin all the time and I cannot seem to stop them.I have checked the belt it seems to be the correct length, the pulley has been set to operate and tension when I pull the Handlebar lever, but nothing happens. I cannot see how it can stop the rotors from turning. Can any one help on this or has anyone a diagram of the pulley set up please. I know it to have a Briggs and Stratton Easy start engine no numbers are visable. I have got this far I just need to work the disengage lever properly. Any help would be most grateful. Thank you Paul 

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
Re: Templar Tiller Rotavator
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 19:39 »
This picture is of a newish Merry Tiller clutch/belt set up. The Templar is almost the same though. The clutch cable pulls the jockey pulley up under the back of the belt and tensions it. There will also be a belt guide, item 2674 on the drawing. This makes the belt form a loop round the engine pulley, but not quite touching it, when the clutch is released. Without it the belt drops into the Vee of the engine pulley, grabs, flicks out, and drops in again.
P6.jpg
R Tallentire

schoie7

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 21:08 »
Hi thanks for the reply. I have tried all aspects of using the pulley wheel and even disconnected it and the tines still continually spin. Any suggestions please? I am wondering if because this machine was stood idle for a long time if something has siezed and it needs a bit of a work out to maybe free it up?
Regards,
Paul

shedmeister

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 11:36 »
Check the belt. Silly as it may seem. It is quite possible for a smaller belt to have been fitted sometime in the machine's life.
May the fork be with you

xx
Templar Tiller Rotavator Fly Wheel Removal

Started by David T on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post April 17, 2009, 15:31
by stuarth
xx
Templar tiller.

Started by denbo73 on Equipment Shed

15 Replies
Last post January 27, 2007, 23:06
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
Templar Tiller

Started by Rothlad on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post August 19, 2012, 11:15
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
TEMPLAR TILLER

Started by hayter on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post August 10, 2010, 20:32
by hayter

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 38 queries.