Ooops

• 7 Replies

Janeymiddlewife

Ooops
« on: June 13, 2010, 11:03 »
Having long battled with a ryobi strimmer which starts reluctantly then stops as soon as it meets a blade of grass OH instructed me to take it somewhere for someone to look at. Having asked around i was advised to take it to a lawn mower repair place nearby. It's the sort of place that probably doesn't see many women!  I drove up a very bumpy lane, through a HGV yard and found a ramshackled shack labelled "reception". I lugged it in and was told to take it next door to darren who would look at it to decide whether it was worth repairing or not (they don't like ryobis apparently).
darren was sat at a workbench, fag dangling. He took said fag out of mouth, took cap off petrol tank (at this point I'm edging backwards towards the door!)
then, fag still in hand, poured fuel out of tank onto his hand and sniffed  :ohmy:

Showed me the tank and one he was working on. Turns out OH had, at some point, decided to put pure petrol in without additive, thus wrecking the engine.

Told OH this, who looked decidedly sheepish.
Now have a petrol strimmer with electric push button start ryobi so we can use the old attachments. It's not brilliant, but it does at least work!

Wild Pony

• Experienced Member
  • God made ducks to make him laugh
Re: Ooops
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 18:41 »
Don't you just love it when that happens, lolololol Now if that had been you did that, you wouldn't hear the last of it, lolololol sorry I'm rolling in mirth here

Gwiz

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 18:54 »
Ah well, at least you got a new one out of it, and the other half could hardly complain about you needing another one  ;) :D

plum crumble

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 18:58 »
if it were my OH, he'd find some way of making it my fault!!! He doesn't accept blame esily!!!!  :lol:  :lol:
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 19:09 »
do any of them?................................ walking away whistling (before I have to duck :lol:)

Gwiz

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 22:04 »
do any of them?................................ walking away whistling (before I have to duck :lol:)

I approach everything knowing in advance that it's gonna be my fault

Keep calm, and carry on.

digalotty

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 22:52 »

I approach everything knowing in advance that it's gonna be my fault

Keep calm, and carry on.

i know the feeling its the same in our house
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

Slowgrind

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 09:03 »
You need to be very wary about two stroke fuel!
I've seen people burn out an engine with plain fuel, get the pot and piston replaced (very expensive) then refil the rebuilt machine with neat fuel from the original tub!!!!
Result? Tears before bedtime

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 36 queries.