lager,bottle or keg

• 1 Replies

rubixs

• my son lewis
lager,bottle or keg
« on: January 10, 2010, 20:37 »
when i done my last keg of lager (mutons gold pilsner) about 8 weeks b4 Christmas.
reading the instructions that came with the kit it highley recommends to bottle for a more carbonated drink.
but when i've done it in bottles b4 i found that when u open a bottle the carbon starts fizzing & then upsets the sediment resulting in a cloudy drink.
is there anyway of bottling lager with out getting sediments.

i mean can i bottle my lager that i've done in the keg now.
it is as clear as a pint u'd get in a pub but not got much gas (carbonated).

i'd like to do my next kit in bottles but dont like the thought of the sediments has any 1 got any tips on how to keep the sediments to a mininum & how not to disturb them.
up the villa

Swing Swang

Re: lager,bottle or keg
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 20:53 »
Don't agitate your bottle at all before opening it, keep it as cold as possible, keep it upright for longer before opening it, brew in such a way so as to leave a minimal quantity of yeast in the bottle - there really is plenty of active yeast in clear lager (rack before bottling), use an appropriate yeast (speak to your homebrew shop - some strains of yeast are far better at leaving a dense sediment than others, and it might be that the best thing you can do is to throw away the yeast that comes with the kit and use something else - either that or culture a strain of yeast from a bottle conditioned lager of the type that you're trying to brew.

Finally you could always invest in some pewter tankards - won't make the brew any clearer, but you won't see how turbid it is either.

SS

xx
Nettle lager

Started by Jamie Butterworth on Homebrew

15 Replies
Last post June 17, 2011, 11:50
by bearhugger1972
xx
lager brewing...

Started by steve chip on Homebrew

2 Replies
Last post October 18, 2010, 23:48
by steve chip
question
fermenting lager...

Started by steve chip on Homebrew

1 Replies
Last post January 31, 2011, 13:35
by rubixs
xx
lager bottles

Started by wayne170534 on Homebrew

3 Replies
Last post May 10, 2011, 17:35
by Runwell-Steve

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 38 queries.