Ain't I a lucky boy???

• 1 Replies

Capt Zero

• Experienced Member
Ain't I a lucky boy???
« on: September 21, 2013, 16:43 »
I was only saying to Growster the other day that I needed more FV's,  well today we had to go to a chinese supermarket to stock up on goodies for the pantry (we look to cook chinese). On the way back via a slight detour we went to our local Wilkos  :D, on the brew shelf they had 2 FV's with handles marked up at £9.50. I took them to one of the assistants at the info desk to check the price, I was told £14, I mentioned that the price tag stated £9.50. When she looked at the price tag on the shelf,  she said "then that's the price we'll charge you".
So as I'd saved myself £9, I decided to buy a bucket as well. So now I have enough Fv's to get on with what I have to make.

ps...When we got to the car park there was a warden standing by our car, my heart sank it's a pay & display and I'd forgot to put a ticket on  :ohmy: when I explained that he just said "pay for a one hour ticket, and that's that, but don't do it again"...was that lucky or what, trust me I won't. So I'm going to do the lottery tonight and if you don't hear from me again I'll be in The Bahamas.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"From man’s sweat and God’s love, beer came into the world."
–Saint Arnold of Metz, The patron Saint of Brewers

Kate and her Ducks

Re: Ain't I a lucky boy???
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 19:14 »
Always nice to have a day like that! :D
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

xx
I'm such a lucky girl

Started by fallen angel on Homebrew

6 Replies
Last post February 21, 2016, 12:14
by hamstergbert

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 38 queries.