Strong winds

• 3 Replies

Raven81

Strong winds
« on: January 03, 2012, 13:36 »
I expect this is a bit of a silly question.   With the strong winds this morning I decided to leave the hens in their run instead of free ranging in case they got blown away.  

Is it possible they could attempt to fly (my garden is on 2 levels) and get blown away? or is this just ridiculous?

If it is ridiculous I give you all permission to laugh at me! :lol:
The glass is neither half empty or half full - it is simply the incorrect size! Find a new glass!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Strong winds
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 13:59 »
Don't know if they could get blown away, but I think you made the right decision.  Mine are locked in their runs as well.

They get spooked by the slightest thing, I didn't think shrubs and trees thrashing around them would be good.

grinling

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 22:14 »
4 fence panels given way so chickens inside.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 23:22 »
Mine were acting more like quail today staying close to the ground so I think they might not want to get blown away.  Hens generally don't like windy conditions.

No such thing as a silly question when the welfare of your birds is your priority.   :blink:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 35 queries.