Mcculloch strimmer won't hold its tune

• 2 Replies

Buzz343

Mcculloch strimmer won't hold its tune
« on: August 20, 2016, 08:29 »
Good morning, I was just wondering if anybody could help me? I've recently bought a mccolloch tm300ax petrol strimmer. I bought it as spares or repairs, I got it to run and tuned it up via the hi/lo screws, running beautiful and strimmer round the back garden. Put it away and went to do a job for a neighbour and started it up but completely out of tune again, kept dying when I squeezed the throttle. So I tuned it again, got the job done. Left a week or so and picked it up and the same thing happened again. I was just looking for some advice or pointers as to what the problem might be? Many thanks in advance, Steve

grendel

Re: Mcculloch strimmer won't hold its tune
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 19:15 »
are there any springs on the adjuster screws, these help the screws to not move by themselves. or maybe some of the soft loctite stuff that doesnt set solid and just gives a little resistance to the screws turning themselves.
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

jezza

Re: Mcculloch strimmer won't hold its tune
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 22:58 »
hi as Grendel says check the springs on the jets  also check the motoring and metering diaphragms in the carburetor they could have pin holes in them  also check the carb make wilbro and zama  jets tend to screw in to their seats then  turn out one turn tillotsons usually screw out till they stop then screw in one turn these settings can then be fine tuned once the engines running   jezza

xx
McCulloch 210 strimmer

Started by Aidy on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post August 23, 2020, 15:35
by jezza
xx
mcculloch x series 250cxl strimmer parts

Started by adal on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 12:01
by adal
xx
McCulloch Shredder

Started by Veg Plot 1B on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:18
by Veg Plot 1B
xx
McCulloch Identity

Started by lfcevans on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post May 06, 2008, 12:38
by SpudtheBinx

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 38 queries.