Home made cloche

• 2 Replies

MisterPlough

Home made cloche
« on: March 05, 2007, 00:08 »
Hi all,

I've done it! I have made my first cloche!

I went skip diving on Thursday night looking for some corrugated PVC but to no avail (got some wood, a pallet and a big blue bucket.) Then I was walking to work and saw in a carpet shop the plastic matting you can get to protect carpets and thought - that'll work!

£4  a metre and it is about 24" wide, so I bought 2 metres. I can't figure out how to attach a photo to this so I have put some in the album.

6 wire coathangers - unbent
every 12 inches or so punch holes and feed through the wire. Then I just bent it into shape and put it in the ground.

Dead chuffed with myself. I also managed to dig and weed three beds, train and prune my raspberries, so some lakeland lettuce, some kohl rabi, some red salad bowl and some mediterranen leaves. Then I dug in some sharp sand into one large bed. Also cleared the roof on the garrage of leaves and debris. It is made of perspex so is going to make a great big greenhouse this summer!

And the best bit........?

My purple sprouting broccoli, which was the first thing I ever planted - last April..... has started to sprout. I thought the pigeons had eaten everything after the last snow, but I have afew heads just starting to come through.

What a great weekend.
Mister Plough

"Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration" - Lou Erickson

little sweetpeas

• Experienced Member
Home made cloche
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 10:46 »
Thats a good idea, I found some blue plumbing pipe in a skip the other day which I hope to use to make some cloches.
Try my best to be Organic but don't always make it

Jeanieblue

• Experienced Member
Home made cloche
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 14:37 »
Mister Plough, that's an impressive idea for a cloche - so much stronger than those polythene tunnel affairs from garden centre. Thanks so much for sharing it on the forum. Will definitely have a go at making one or three - will keep me sane and out of mischief when it's raining YET AGAIN !!
Still glowing, still growing, still going strong!

clip
home made bee hotel

Started by shedmeister on Frugal Living

16 Replies
Last post January 17, 2015, 09:18
by Yorkshire Lass
xx
home made bacon

Started by big green bloke on Frugal Living

3 Replies
Last post March 03, 2007, 17:20
by ziggywigs
xx
Home made (hardly) DIY fire pit

Started by Dopey113 on Frugal Living

12 Replies
Last post September 17, 2012, 20:55
by Paul Plots
xx
Home Made Paper Pots...........

Started by Slowgrind on Frugal Living

15 Replies
Last post April 20, 2010, 15:06
by Daff

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 38 queries.