Aladdin paraffin Heater

• 12 Replies

devonjem

Aladdin paraffin Heater
« on: February 02, 2012, 17:56 »
Hello - I just got one of these - a series 32.  I have installed a new wick and left it for a couiple of hours.  However the wick is still dry despite the tank being full.  having disassembled the heater i cannot see how the bottom of the wick can ever reach the paraffin, as the wick passes down a centre tube and the paraffin tank goes around that centre tube.

I must have done something wrong, or alternatively something is blocking the flow of paraffin from the tank to the place where the bottom of the wick rests.

Does anyone know how these things work?

thanks

steve

smud6ie

Re: Aladdin paraffin Heater
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 18:31 »
Hello - I just got one of these - a series 32.  I have installed a new wick and left it for a couiple of hours.  However the wick is still dry despite the tank being full.  having disassembled the heater i cannot see how the bottom of the wick can ever reach the paraffin, as the wick passes down a centre tube and the paraffin tank goes around that centre tube.

I must have done something wrong, or alternatively something is blocking the flow of paraffin from the tank to the place where the bottom of the wick rests.

Does anyone know how these things work?

thanks

steve

Try this :  http://www.partridgeshadleigh.co.uk/catalog/aladdin-p999908-model-32-paraffin-heater-wick-p-7696.html?cPath=772_44_318

devonjem

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 20:21 »
Thanks for the reply.  It is actually this I have - http://www.partridgeshadleigh.co.uk/catalog/download/Blue_Flame_Model_37.pdf

I have followed the wick installation instructions (i think so anyway) but it seems something might be wrong with the heater as the wick does not come into contact with any paraffin so remains dry.

cheers

smud6ie

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 20:48 »
Thanks for the reply.  It is actually this I have - http://www.partridgeshadleigh.co.uk/catalog/download/Blue_Flame_Model_37.pdf

I have followed the wick installation instructions (i think so anyway) but it seems something might be wrong with the heater as the wick does not come into contact with any paraffin so remains dry.

cheers

In the diagram when you unscrew p151000 and peer into the tank,you should see the wick on the ouside of the tube and the two split tails of the wick spreading along the bottom of the tank
smud6ie

smud6ie

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 21:21 »
This vid is the closest I can find
smud6ie

7heeJdNOZIo

devonjem

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 12:40 »
Smud6ie, thanks for the message.

The wick, when inside the wick carrier, does not protrude out of the bottom of the carrier by more than half an inch.  The instructions on the wick box say that is normal.  So the tails do not spread out anywhere.  Also after removing p151000 i cannot see any liquid - just the slot where the wick carrier goes and the outer skin of the paraffin tank.  You cannot see into the tank from this way.  I cannot see how the wick comes into contact with paraffin.

I will try and put up some photos although i tried to do this and got the message that the attachment was too large.

cheers

smud6ie

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 12:56 »
Download a small application called shrinkpic,it will adjust the picture size to make it acceptable for the forum.
if you have any problem using it I will send you a link to a youtube vid I made on how to use it.
smud6ie

devonjem

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 13:13 »
I have had a go at reducing the pics - lets see if it works.....  Thanks Smud6ie for the message.  i will use the program if this does not work.

cheers
heater 1.JPG

devonjem

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 13:17 »
Another photo....of the new wick inside the wick carrier....
heater 2.JPG

grendel

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 13:44 »
erm - the heater does have parrafin in it doesnt it?
forgive me for stating the obvious,  but the number of people I have seen complaining their car wont start - only to find that there is no petrol in the tank!
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

devonjem

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 14:09 »
Yes I made sure the tank was full.  As the tails of the wick do not appear to be designed to access the tank, I assume that there must be some way for the paraffin to get from the tank to the bottom of the wick carrier located in the centre tube.  But looking down there i cannot see any holes in the side of the tank, and the bottom of the centre tube where the wick carrier rests is dry.

cheers

Parrafinheater

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 14:37 »
I know this topic has long past it but I have the exact same problem with my Aladdin heater, was this problem ever solved?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 15:01 »
devonjem has not been on the forum since his last post above  :(

xx
Which Paraffin heater

Started by hubballi on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post January 08, 2012, 19:53
by AndyRVTR
xx
Can I use a paraffin heater?

Started by Shandy on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post February 26, 2013, 20:14
by HuwG
xx
Paraffin

Started by Crezz on Equipment Shed

19 Replies
Last post December 18, 2008, 16:13
by matthew2riches
xx
paraffin

Started by kitch on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post March 29, 2011, 22:27
by andy135

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 33 queries.