stopped laying?!?!

• 3 Replies

kellym

stopped laying?!?!
« on: October 30, 2010, 18:25 »
hello im new to this site and also new to keeping chickens. i got my 2 girls almost 3 weeks ago when they were 15 weeks old. they have laid an egg each from day one of bringing them home but for the last few days one of them was starting to lay her egg later and later in the day and now today we have not had one at all  :( i have trawled through loads of posts and sites but am still a little worried and confussed :wacko: they are both happy little girls who run round the garden for about an hour a day. they have no signs of runny noses or eyes and just seem normal. should i start to worry yet or leave her and see if she lays?!?!

CluckyChicken

• Experienced Member
    • Georgina's Araucanas
Re: stopped laying?!?!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 18:53 »
Hey, welcome to the forum-everyone is happy to help!

When hens lay their eggs, it takes about 25 hours for them to lay from the egg 'growing' inside them.  So she may just be exactly on the 25 hours, and completely normal.  Don't worry about it, they often miss a day too! 
Keep us posted!

CC xx
Lavender Araucanas, SS Hamburgs, White Wyandottes and Italian Quail

lightyears

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 18:57 »
This time of year a lot of hens slow down,so there body clocks might aswell. I'd say as long as they dont look sickly let them get on with it, you'll soon have to many eggs  :D :D :D

kellym

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 07:58 »
good morning all. thank you for your replies very much appriciated  :D i thought it might have had something to do with daylight hours but i am pleased to report i woke up this morning let my girls out and found 2 little eggs waiting for me  :D hopefully they are back in the swing of things, fingers crossed. once again thankyou i hope i may be able to help people one day but for now you will probably be seeing more questions from me :D

xx
My newly-laying pullets have suddenly stopped laying!

Started by Lindeggs on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 31, 2011, 07:44
by New shoot
xx
Hen stopped laying....?

Started by nuzuki on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 27, 2013, 11:18
by ANHBUC
xx
Stopped laying

Started by ste23 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 12, 2011, 08:28
by Casey76
xx
Why has my hen stopped laying?

Started by Chicken star on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 28, 2010, 23:17
by Chicken star

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 38 queries.