Sweet Peas

• 42 Replies

Alex 98

Sweet Peas
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 14:32 »
Here are some of mine

They make the house smell great, not that is stinks without them you understand.....

Alex 98
Alfie's Grandad

ratman

Sweet Peas
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 15:20 »
They look great, mine are nowhere near there yet. Only around a foot high. I did plant them a little later than normal though.

helluvatractor

Sweet Peas
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2008, 21:04 »
i too have grown some for the first time this season. they are great, a vase full really fills the whole room with their scent, and the more you cut them the more grow back.

i've actually bought some perennial sweet peas on ebay, has anyone ever grown thse before?, the plan is to plant them next to the wall with some trellis.  thing is , the only colour that i've seen perennial is pink :D

gobs

Sweet Peas
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2008, 22:28 »
Depending on variety, some perennial sweet peas can be quite out of order and a bit root pruning in autumn might be needed or keeping them in large pots.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Big Jen

Sweet Peas
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 23:05 »
I am growing some trailing ones in a hanging plastic thingy. They are just starting to flower but the stems are very short- not long enough to go in a vase  :cry:  They smell lovely though  :lol:
There are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory, the other two I forget.

matron

Sweet Peas
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2008, 11:41 »
I love sweet peas and decided to experiment with planting them last October. They are fantastic and have been flowering like mad since the middle of May. I will definitely  be doing it again this year.  :lol:

blackisgreen

• Experienced Member
Sweet Peas
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 23:31 »
love em the sweet smell is fantastic all summer long still im a bit :oops:
redfaced as put my wigwams as usual up, sowed seed then as they grew realised that they were dwarf types ,still love em though

Alithefrog

Sweet Peas
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 15:10 »
Can you extend their growing season?  I planted mine in April & have had some wonder flowers picked and admired, but now it's all looking a bit haggard - is there anything I can do to bring some new flower shoots back into play?
Ali - Carshalton Surrey

www.alithefrog.blogspot.com

blackisgreen

• Experienced Member
Sweet Peas
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 15:12 »
what you do is sow some in stages i.e you will have a continous supply for longer

unaspenser

• Pond-Hopper
    • Russet Lodge Knits
Sweet Peas
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 03:04 »
I love sweet peas.  I planted a ton this spring, but they didn't do well.  Only got a few flowers.  I blame bad soil and bugs... the bummer is that it's so hot in the summer here that you have to start quite a few things early, because eventually those sort of plants won't grow.  I planted a second round of sweet peas and eating peas and they barely made it out of the ground before the sun just cooked them.  Such a shame.  I sure hope my garden's better next year.  I'm already planning!
American, married to a Scot... we can't decide which side of the Atlantic we like best.

Hi
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2008, 10:28 »
Ive only just started gardening and the first things ive grown is sweet peas and the smell and look gorguess.

i found them really easy to grow.

so yeah your right about them looking good. :D

From Charlie x
Charlie

Frog

• Experienced Member
Sweet Peas
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2008, 20:37 »
Here's one of mine:

I bought a pot of grow your own sweetpeas (aimed at children) from T***o for my niece at Easter. Went back in just after Easter, and they were half price, so treated myself! So glad I did. They are the best! :D  :D  :D

unaspenser

• Pond-Hopper
    • Russet Lodge Knits
Sweet Peas
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2008, 21:29 »
Wow... what a lovely rich purple.  Gorgeous!

xx
Sweet peas - how many?

Started by purplebean on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post February 18, 2008, 15:52
by purplebean
xx
Sweet Peas

Started by noshed on General Gardening

11 Replies
Last post January 23, 2007, 21:27
by Clodagh & Dick
clip
Sweet peas

Started by vikingraider on General Gardening

12 Replies
Last post July 09, 2023, 18:22
by Hortic
xx
sweet peas

Started by jenricks on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post October 10, 2020, 09:13
by New shoot

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 38 queries.