You get what you pay for.

• 3 Replies

Goosegirl

You get what you pay for.
« on: April 08, 2024, 09:11 »
Over the years, I've found that this is so true. If you fork out (sorry, pun intended) for good garden tools like Bulldog ones, or buy old and used ones from an antiques centre, they last ages and are designed to work well. I've just invested in a decent Draper hose spray made of metal as I got fed up with them either leaking from the spray end or the shut-off handle not working. I admit to not removing them before the frosts kick in. Also, the hosepipe wasn't cheap but it's frost resistant so no surprise drench from any splits when you first use it after winter. What are your views?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: You get what you pay for.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 10:31 »
I agree they're false economy!  I bought a cheap hosepipe and reel when I moved here and it is absolutely blooming useless.. it kinks and flattens, and refuses to go where you want it to go, and doesn't even like being rewound onto the reel.
So I'll be buying a 'good' one before I need to start watering greenhouse tomatoes etc....

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 09:16 »
I can't remember where we got our hosepipe and its reel that swivels from but the pipe is both frost and kink resistant. It's just a case of making investments for tools etc that last, and also to save the frustration of various expletives when they don't last that long because you have to buy new ones so spending money yet again.

vikingraider

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2024, 20:20 »
I have the feeling things are made these days not to last. They want you buying new stuff every season

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 43 queries.