Take care and keep safe!

• 6 Replies

Goosegirl

Take care and keep safe!
« on: March 01, 2018, 12:05 »
We're not as bad as others in the north-west region because of the shelter from the Pennines; even so it's not weather for going out unless you have to. Just wishing you all the best and hope you are coping ok. GG x
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Christine

Re: Take care and keep safe!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 18:47 »
Ah GG, the weather has certainly stopped this side of the hills. I do believe that most of the roads, schools and household waste recycling centres have shut. Been a bit since it's been like this - well five years. But if we are sheltering you from the worst, then us hardy Northumbrians are quite happy to help.

Seriously though - it's not good is it folks?

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 19:38 »
We’re getting off lightly so far, Lincolnshire looks dreadful!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 14:34 »
It's been lousy here for a couple of days, but my Fitbit did a roaring trade one day when I did all the shopping on foot...

It's snowing again, but as I did the shopping during a lull today (by car), we're just sitting by the fire and looking out!

JRT was unwell for two days, and even the call into the vets yesterday loomed awful, but she's recovered and is now taking most of the fire's heat from Mrs Growster, so I fear a fight soon...

Stay on your feet everyone, it's darned slippery out there too!

Eblana

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 16:00 »
It is fairly bad here.  The storm was dreadful last night and has brought down a load of trees.  We thought we had escaped the worst of the snow but it has been chucking it down for an hour now and our met service have just issued another red alert till tomorrow morning.  Our daughter is a children's ICU nurse she was on duty yesterday, she had to stay in a hotel close to the hospital last night and ended up going in and doing a few hours this morning while some of the girls who were due in walked over 8 kilometres in the snow and wind.  There was a lull at about 12 noon so we went in using our 4 wheel drive and picked her up so that she can get some sleep before she goes in on nights tomorrow night.  I have spent two days baking, Forget the diet😁😁

rowlandwells

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 16:12 »
i wish I could say I'm in sunny Northamptonshire but its not its just started snowing again and it been blowing of the fields onto the roads especially the back roads we ventured out today on the bus to Rugby and it was on time we where the only 2 passengers on the bus for  the twelve mile run coming back about 10

this weathers snow good to anyone except the snow ballers and sledging I must say I'm a bit old for that now so its put another log on the fire get the wife to make me  a cup of tea  tea and let my fingers do the talking

so definitely to all take care and keep safe and look on the bright side spring is just round the corner I'm just looking for that corner :lol:

al78

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 19:31 »
Greater Manchester normally gets off lightly with snow from easterly winds, as the snow showers dump their load on Yorkshire and the Pennines. According to my sister in Salford there has been significant snow there, much more than I have had by the sound of it. It appears that although the Pennines might shelter Manchester from snow, they have caused other problems. As the warm front moved up the UK a temperature inversion was present just above the height of the hills and mountains of Wales and England. With strong easterly winds this sets up the right conditions for a lee-wave downslope windstorm. 90 mph gusts were recorded near Rakewood viaduct on the M62 near J21, and I heard that the roof blew off Besses'o'th Barn Metrolink station.

xx
Are our allotments safe?

Started by jdwmk on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post March 21, 2020, 23:19
by Elaine G
xx
Stay safe in the heat

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post July 20, 2022, 21:00
by Hampshire Hog
xx
Talk Talk Super Safe Boost...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2017, 16:00
by JayG

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 38 queries.