orgrow

• 23 Replies

gobs

Re: orgrow
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 13:33 »
What is that?
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

gobs

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 13:41 »

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 13:48 »
It appears to be pelleted chicken manure (the 6X seems to be a reference to its strength compared to "traditional fertilisers", which presumably means low-nutrient substances like compost or leaf-mould.  ::))

Its analysis looks very similar to other PCM's - it's organic in the sense that it's not chemically inorganic, but it doesn't claim to be produced from organic or free-frange chickens!

My suggestion would be that if you can buy it at the same or cheaper price as PCM you might as well, but there's nothing particularly special about it that I can see.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 18:29 »
The most important reason for adding manure to your land is for adding humus to the soil to hold water and hence plant food.  So you need to make compost on site.  Nettles, comfrey, green manure crops for composting, grass mowings,  add some browns like straw or cardboard. 

Job done :)

sizer247

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 18:33 »
thats wot i thought about i work on a golf course an we have some woods an theres loads of really good leaf mould i was gana use the orgro an leaf mould,an i also keep hens an already store there manure for a year an use that

Goldfinger

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 18:53 »

Which golf course?  ;)

There's an idea to get leaf mould

sizer247

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 18:55 »
wilton in redcar cleveland

Goldfinger

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 19:06 »

Oh, bit far for me...  :(

allotment south wales

• welcome
    • allotment grower
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 19:38 »
another product is   --  grow organic...

it is a great boost for nitrogen but use sparingly a little goes a long way...
too much nitrogen is bad for the plants and actually stunts the growth.. also it will feed the weeds and they will grow more than the plants...

my advice is to sparingly spread as a general soil improver early in the season then digg or rake as neaded.

i used it as advised by an experinaced older grower use an egg cup full in the grow bag before planting your tomatos and water before planting.

the tomato plants were prolific if anything the growth was too good i had to pinch out side shoots more but had the best crop of tomatos per plant...

•Nitrogen(N) 5.8%

•Phosphorous(P) 3.5%

•Potassium(K) 3%

•pH 6.8
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 19:45 by allotment south wales »
keep it organic and you will see the difference including taste......

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 35 queries.