Sunset Strip

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

Sunset Strip
« on: June 21, 2021, 16:22 »
Is where I really wanted to be today.  However, things have conspired against me today.   The roofer came to say cannot match old tiles on side of house up into the apex.  He will quote me for taking off and re-tiling, but cannot do it until September anyway.    Then the Bin men were later than usual, but they took all of the plastic roofing of the old carport for a tenner, so thats gone.  Then I went out and swept the drive down where it had all been laying and took the saved guttering into the garage.  Stared at the pile of rotted wood for a minute, don't know what to do with that yet.
Then I swept the water out of the garage because the rain is running down the door,  underneath and into the garage.    This cannot continue I thought.   So have  staggered up from the garden with all the available bags of rotted manure, compost etc and laid them inside where the door closes down (it is automatic).  I don't know what else to do for now, or even if it will work.
It is still blowing really hard on the driveway from the east, and thr rain has lashed down all the time.
Clothes are soaked, I am cold.  This is not really what I expected to do on my birthday - at my age.
Yes sunset strip would have done nicely - click click 77    ::)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

Re: Sunset Strip
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 17:08 »
First of all Happy Birthday, & why haven’t you got cakes next on your post, you cannot have put your birthday on the birthday thread, maybe a mod can rectify that for you?
Oh dear to the rest of your post, you really do have a job on with all these household renovations,  sorry I cannot be of more use to you, I wish we could find you a decent handyman to work through your list of jobs :unsure:. Did you ever get your velux
windows & your greenhouse sorted, I’ve lost track?  ???
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

Re: Sunset Strip
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 17:24 »
Yes, the velux windows and the new back roof were done last summer.  Also the greenhouse and pigsty all came down and were re-built although I sacked the guy 2/3rd way through he was completely useless.  So My dear friend Pep almost rebuilt it all.   A very expensive job that turned out to be.
I have also got to get half of my very long pergola down, it is going rotten, and some of the vine looks very poorly.  I shall keep 1/2 the pergola and the vine thats on that half.   cutting that back is a fulltime job !

Ok.   The car is now retaxed and insured for another year  (same day as birthday !)  and she has had 2 new boots on the front.  MOT due October.

Can I breathe, I need to go on one of my virtual trips somewhere lovely tomorrow, and hopefully watch some tennis.      I am too tired.      :lol:  Mrs B

I have another roofer coming to look at this job tomorrow in the pm.  Fingers cross.

xx
2 Bright planets just after sunset.

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post February 19, 2023, 19:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 38 queries.