New to this forum? Not sure how to do things? Check out the help

Newbie in Worcestershire

• 12 Replies

Ian Griffiths

Newbie in Worcestershire
« on: March 15, 2021, 19:34 »
Hi,

Hoping to get my first plot in the coming days. Been reading lots of articles and advice on here. Thanks.
Will no doubt have lots of questions as time goes by

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: Newbie in Worcestershire
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 19:50 »
Hello and welcome from another Worcestershire resident!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 20:17 »
Hello  :)

AndyRVTR

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 09:12 »
Hello Ian from Worcestershire... welcome!

jaydig

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 15:14 »
Hello and welcome.  I'm in Worcestershire too, where about will your new plot be?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 18:26 »
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your imminent new lotty  :D

If you can pop your general location into your forum profile, it helps a lot when chatting about growing stuff, as climate will vary depending on where you are.

Remember to take lots of photos of your plot when you first get it, to look back on.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Ian Griffiths

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 19:26 »
Hello and welcome.  I'm in Worcestershire too, where about will your new plot be?

I’m hoping for one on abbey road in pinvin. What about you? I need to find a good local supply of horse manure too.

Ian Griffiths

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 19:29 »
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your imminent new lotty  :D

If you can pop your general location into your forum profile, it helps a lot when chatting about growing stuff, as climate will vary depending on where you are.

Remember to take lots of photos of your plot when you first get it, to look back on.

Thanks, I think I’ve updated my profile adequately.
Yes, photos are a great idea. I’ve been to see the empty plots and they look challenging......
Nothing a few long weekends won’t sort

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 20:17 »

I’m hoping for one on abbey road in pinvin. What about you? I need to find a good local supply of horse manure too.

I'm in Worcester itself. I do have a contact for good quality (and non-herbicide exposed) manure, I'm pretty sure she'll deliver out your way. I'll PM you the details tomorrow (my gardening notebook is in the shed and I'm too lazy to get it tonight ;) )

Ian Griffiths

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 07:57 »

I'm in Worcester itself. I do have a contact for good quality (and non-herbicide exposed) manure, I'm pretty sure she'll deliver out your way. I'll PM you the details tomorrow (my gardening notebook is in the shed and I'm too lazy to get it tonight ;) )

🤣🤣🤣
Thank you, that would be much appreciated. I know there are a lot of horses round here, it’s just getting to know people. I can collect, I’ve got a big boot and windows

jaydig

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 08:04 »

I'm in Bromsgrove, so not near you, unfortunately because there's a guy on our site with access to horse manure.  You may well find the same when you get your plot and ask around other plot holders. Failing that, if you have transport, quite often any of the stables are very glad to get rid of surplus horse manure - Covid-19 restrictions permitting, of course.

Ian Griffiths

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 09:55 »

I'm in Bromsgrove, so not near you, unfortunately because there's a guy on our site with access to horse manure.  You may well find the same when you get your plot and ask around other plot holders. Failing that, if you have transport, quite often any of the stables are very glad to get rid of surplus horse manure - Covid-19 restrictions permitting, of course.

Thanks, I may well try a local horse trainer. Think he has 80+ at the minute.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 20:26 »
Before you take manure from a source who others haven't used before, make sure to ask whether the grass or bedding which went into it, has been treated with a herbicide such as aminopyralid.  These herbicides persist in the manure and will affect certain crops such as beans and tomatoes.

clip
Hello from Worcestershire

Started by Abi@plot42 on Welcome to the Forums

7 Replies
Last post August 27, 2021, 06:56
by AndyRVTR
xx
Hello from Worcestershire.

Started by TonyB. on Welcome to the Forums

4 Replies
Last post January 04, 2019, 13:22
by Andy P Jones
xx
Newbie!

Started by Carrieanne on Welcome to the Forums

6 Replies
Last post October 11, 2017, 20:26
by Carrieanne
xx
Hello All! Newbie here!!

Started by J3FF0RD on Welcome to the Forums

7 Replies
Last post May 28, 2015, 18:29
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 53 queries.