H-Pod Coops....

• 18 Replies

Carrie99

Re: H-Pod Coops....
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 20:54 »
Yes, Ideally I will need one that includes a run. I am being a little impatient though, I must admit. I probably need to calm down a bit! I'm watching a few on ebay and keeping an eye out for a second hand eglu as I think really that's probably the best option...and the safest option too! I'd definitely consider a Solway one too though (and I find them a bit easier on the eye than eglus for some reason too!).

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 21:33 »
the run on that last one is not even big enough for one hen so if you are going to get that you need to build a proper run to go with it. The bare minimum clear run space should be 1 square meter per hen and ideally a lot more.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Chippet

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 07:47 »
As a few have said don't rush into buying anything, have you considered buying a house, from say Eglu and building your own run. I wish I'd done that now.

I bought a wooden coop off a dedicated website for £170, I'd been on numerous sites, worked out the square footage of the runs vs the price and bought the one I thought was the best value (not the cheapest) and am fairly disappointed. It's smaller than I thought (partly my fault possibly as the website pointed out I'd missed reading the small print, however I'm pretty certain I'd read it all clearly prior to purchase :nowink:), So am gonna have to spend more money on a run attachment for them, not as well built as I'd like, though sturdy enough, and the 'slide out tray' is more than useless - its doesn't slide out now the beddings in there!!

I almost want an excuse to get rid of the whole thing and start again (don't think my boyfriend would be too pleased :D)

symonep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 08:47 »
What bedding do you put in the slide out tray?
I use a thin layer of comfybed and the tray slides out easily.
Gained an allotment on the 19th June 08, 135ft by 40ft! eekk. Finally after 4 years it is looking like an allotment and not a jungle

We have 5 lovely hens in the garden, fish, 2 dogs and 2 canaries

xx
hen coops.

Started by pennyHen on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 14:49
by Trisha
xx
coops??

Started by miller15 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 07:28
by NigelB
xx
2 coops in 1 pen

Started by Mountain Man on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 21, 2008, 11:13
by Bodger
xx
Two coops, one run?

Started by kopperdrake on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 26, 2010, 18:03
by kopperdrake

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 39 queries.