good feeling

• 5 Replies

lisa

good feeling
« on: September 03, 2006, 14:43 »
Hi everyone, i haven t logged on for a while and have been a little dispondant of late, what with summer holidays, kids and not having a job but I decided to go and brave my plot today and was pleasantly surprised. the hard work I had previously put in was not so much a waste of time and things weren't as bad I thought.  We (hubby and me) have dug up all remaining carrots, dug over patch and cleared a huge plot of weeds and picked loads of tomatoes and I am feeling a little better bout things now.  Got loads of kidney beans off too and have distributed produce among neighbour and friends!!  which makes me feel good. determined to put in a bit more time up there cos I think its what I need.

Hope everyone is well and happy plotting x x

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
good feeling
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 14:48 »
Hi Lisa, glad to 'see' you again!  I'm sorry you have been a bit despondent lately, it gets to us all at some time.  I've been a bit down too, but been out on my plot today, an I've cleared a bit of space in my polytunnel and planted just about the last of my little leek plants, to see what they do in there.  

I've not had a lot of time down there for the past 9 weeks as I've been helping OH do up 2 bathrooms and a kitchen, all for friends at no wages!!! So I haven't had much time for the veg plot, and now its autumn!!!!  Still, nearly filled up my 'new' little chest freezer with tomatoes and courgettes.  Also trying frozen cabbage, even if nothing else, it'll help make a stew or something!!!  I hate wasting stuff!!!

wellingtons

Hey Lisa ...
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 17:09 »
... good to *meet* you, think I must have arrived whilst you were elsewhere.

It's blooming hard work isn't it ... having kids off school is a full time ruddy job in itself.  Let alone trying to look after the house, and then throw an allotment into the equation and it can all go to hell in a wheelbarrow.

I didn't fancy tackling my plot last week, all the weeds had come up like blooming cress, cos it's been sunny and warm with plenty of rain.  But down I went with my DOH and after a few hours it looked back to it's pristine best and the weather had also brought the beans, courgettes and broccolli back to it's best.

So we go back down today.  He does a quick once over of the weeds whilst I pick the goodies, I tidy out the dodo in the shed and we toddle off to the dump ... but it's turned into a beautiful late summer's day and with nothing much to do down there ... we spend the afternoon in the local pub for a well deserved couple of drinks and gorgeous sandwiches ... then walk to the garden centre next door (blooming marvellous idea) for a few packets of 25p seeds and some tomorite.  

Chin up petal ... sometimes we just have days (or weeks) like these, but better times always come round.

lisa

cheers peeps
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 17:48 »
thanks for nice words and encouragement, been scrubbing my carrots all afternoon ready for a mass on batch of cooking carrot and coriander soup tomorrow.!!!  growing your own definately is worth while, although the kids and hubby won't think that after all the soup!!

Annie

good feeling
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 18:11 »
I don`t know, my 3yr old only wants carrot and coriander soup when we eat out ,gets very tetchy if only chips are on offer.I expect she`ll grow out of it
        We call that kind of downness a"touch of the black dog",doesn`t usually hit in our house until Jan/Feb,looking at the veg.patch doesn`t help then.

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
good feeling
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 09:03 »
hi Lisa,im a newbie to the site and i know exactly where you are coming from regarding school hols.2 of my 3 go back on wednesday so i may get some more done on the plot now.weve also had a good season plot wise and have just finished  our broccoli ,we have a few french beans left and a abundance of toms still to ripen

xx
Im feeling rather undersiege.

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 24, 2011, 08:27
by mumofstig
xx
Feeling bit disapointed

Started by Ourveggiepatch on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post August 12, 2009, 16:43
by madcat
xx
feeling down about things

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 25, 2009, 16:03
by madcat
xx
im feeling a little bit re-assured

Started by boosmummy on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 10, 2011, 14:25
by Fleetwood Pete

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 34 queries.