Scrabble

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

Scrabble
« on: November 24, 2019, 17:54 »
Decided to buy this for 10 year old Grandchildren for Christmas.   Yes, said Son,   get the original.
Now I have spent a few Google hours looking around at them.   Disappointingly, a lot of them have bad reviews regarding the flimsy board and the quality of the tiles.      Any suggestions please, regards,   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mjg000

• Winner, Prettiest Pumpkin - 2015
Re: Scrabble
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 18:30 »
One of the reviewers suggests Txxco !

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 12:11 »
Tried Tesco, but finished up with good old Amazon.       Ordered it with the Scrabble dictionary, which gave me free delivery and had it gift wrapped, with my wording on the gift label.   Two days later it arrived in York, and I was able to track it from the warehouse to front door,  I even knew when it was two deliveries away.
If I had bought this on the High Street, I would have to have bought it home, gift wrapped it, then carried it to the post office and paid postage.       Regards,    Mrs Bouquet

wighty

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 20:17 »
Paul and I play scrabble all the time .  I couldn't tell you how old our board is as it is mine from childhood and still has the children's version on the reverse side!  We have recently started introducing it to our 9 and 7 year old grandsons.  We looked at getting them their own game but in WH Smiths it was £35.00 so decided to keep it at the moment as something they do with us.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 34 queries.