Ex-bats Arrive on Saturday

• 31 Replies

bristolchick

• Keynsham Cavies
Re: Ex-bats Arrive on Saturday
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 15:15 »
We collected 4 rescue girls today and they are lovely.  They actually look better that we thought they would which was a nice surprise.  When we picked them up one had laid an egg so we were given that to take home as our first one.  Two of them seem braver than the others, they are walking around and investigating but the other two have tucked themselves away for now but I'm sure they will be out and about soon.

Highfield

Re: Ex-bats Arrive on Saturday
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 16:07 »
We got 12 ex batts just before Christmas and they settled in just fine though they do squabble!  First time owners too! The weather turned really nasty so I took to mixing their mash with warm water and a bit of poultry spice and they'd kill their grannies for it!  They have pellets in a feeder but you should see them run down the paddock when they see the mash bowl at lunchtime! 

We did lose 2 sadly - one who stopped eating and was drinking all the time - literally standing by the water bowl nearly all day.  But the remaining 10 are all bright eyed and bushy feathered - and producing between 6 and 9 eggs a day so I reckon we got something right. Love 'em to bits  :lol: 

xx
First hens arrive on Saturday!!

Started by vichope74 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post January 20, 2010, 21:14
by richyrich7
xx
What to do before the chickens arrive?

Started by debih on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post March 16, 2011, 12:44
by Casey76
xx
When should our first eggs arrive

Started by WR1 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 01, 2008, 22:41
by WR1
xx
My eggs took 8 days to arrive... Will they be ok?

Started by MrTwang on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post July 16, 2012, 22:06
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 35 queries.