CAUTION

• 2 Replies

muntjac

CAUTION
« on: November 14, 2007, 11:51 »
NEW DEFRA plan to use information on poultry keepers for other purposes ..on reading  the paper work which will be with you shortly ( i have mine now  ) :wink: ,they want to share your data with others ,this doesnt say with whom in the second part .

( if this is held by them they will use it and allow second bodies to use it and the second bodies wont be subject to the same data protection as the defra folks )

.they want to use any information that can identify you or your property.this could include fone numbers home adress details and business stocking information this will include any new data collected as a result of the identifying data they want to hold  . can i suggest you read the papers carefully check the websites with the reports and further reading in the consultation documents set out in the varney report ............ then read it again before signing up to it , if at all .
not a blooming hope with me  :lol:  :lol:

:wink:
still alive /............

psipower

Re: CAUTION
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 15:20 »
Quote from: "muntjac"

( if this is held by them they will use it and allow second bodies to use it and the second bodies wont be subject to the same data protection as the defra folks )

Nearly all data is covered by the Data Protection Act, and this will include new recipients.

Of the eight protection principles in the act, maybe 'relevant but not excessive' may apply. i.e. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed'.

As a data subject, you can ask the Information Commisioner to assess whether the Act has been contravened.

You should be able to get information as to who else they intend to share data with under the Freedom of Information Act, which applies to public bodies. If they are intending to publish this information, then it may not be possible to get it before the publishing date.

The process is to write to them saying what information you require, that you want the information, and giving your name and address. They must reply within 20 days. On failure you may request an independent review, and failing that appeal to the Information Commisioner.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
CAUTION
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 16:39 »
Not a blooming hope with us either!  Too many people know too much already!!!!!  We haven't got our letter yet.

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 35 queries.