Nom-chucks

• 4 Replies

chooksbury

Nom-chucks
« on: November 18, 2009, 10:43 »
 8)  No not starting a martial arts class for chooks .. some of em certainly don't need it .. but curious about the variety of "nommage" some chooks will enjoy ..

Mine wont touch things that other chooky people assure me are a delicacy .. like cold potato, (ack .. sticky beak didn't like that) peelings, and bread soaked in milk .. someone also said chooks like a drop of beer.  Is it any good for them and how much is a drop .. I don't want em falling off the perch  :lol:  I saved mine a saucer of hobgoblin .. but changed my mind in case it was harmful and drank it myself.

scrappydoo

Re: Nom-chucks
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 14:21 »
8)  No not starting a martial arts class for chooks .. some of em certainly don't need it .. but curious about the variety of "nommage" some chooks will enjoy ..

Mine wont touch things that other chooky people assure me are a delicacy .. like cold potato, (ack .. sticky beak didn't like that) peelings, and bread soaked in milk .. someone also said chooks like a drop of beer.  Is it any good for them and how much is a drop .. I don't want em falling off the perch  :lol:  I saved mine a saucer of hobgoblin .. but changed my mind in case it was harmful and drank it myself.

OMG Chooksbury I'm seriously worried about you! :ohmy: Organic Pellets or Mash? Mixed corn, household scraps, even the dinner off the table (No meat of course) but a chuck coming between a man (or woman) and their beer? sorry thats got to be a criminal offence.......! :mad:

Best Regards

Steve..... :D
Groucho Marx:
Chicken? What about chicken? Why, I had an uncle who thought he was one. My aunt almost divorced him, but we needed the egg

chooksbury

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 16:08 »
 :D  So I guess thats no dont give them any though I'm a bit suspicious of your motives  ???  hey do love their pellets, and today shared my lunch of watercress, spinach and rocket salad though they wont eat it unless its from my hand .. I'm just off outside now for bedtime stories ... Mr and Mrs Badger come to tea .. otherwise known as the reason you HAVE to go in the bl**dy henhouse and not on top  - now scoot"  Gona bribe em with corn again ...  ::)

Arnfields

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 16:14 »
:) I see you are still trying to err, encourage? them into the house at bedtime!  I had thought our ex-batts would need lots of help learning chickiny things but they took to it like a duck to water (or something like that).

I'm sure your little darlings will soon be taking themselves off to bed - although you will miss reading that bedtime story to them...:)
1 lovely hubby, 3 dogs, a bunny and 7 ex batts and a shiny new lottie!  (so far)

scrappydoo

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 16:43 »
:D  So I guess thats no dont give them any though I'm a bit suspicious of your motives  ???  hey do love their pellets, and today shared my lunch of watercress, spinach and rocket salad though they wont eat it unless its from my hand .. I'm just off outside now for bedtime stories ... Mr and Mrs Badger come to tea .. otherwise known as the reason you HAVE to go in the bl**dy henhouse and not on top  - now scoot"  Gona bribe em with corn again ...  ::)
:D Hi Chooksbury
        Having read this last post of yours, I think you must have taken my advice, although I am concerned about the amount you appear to be consuming :ohmy:. As for my motives, totally innocent :blush: & my alchohol purely medicinal hic......! :wacko: No? no my wife never believes me either.... oh well!!! ;)

Best Regards

Steve

xx
chucks....

Started by iannp on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post November 14, 2007, 20:01
by iannp
xx
MY chucks

Started by dugless on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 21:23
by too many girls
xx
new chucks

Started by Tony H on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post December 09, 2011, 20:00
by Tony H
xx
I WANT TO KEEP CHUCKS?

Started by sydlin on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post July 11, 2007, 17:13
by calli

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 35 queries.