wooden pallets

• 215 Replies

Dave NE

• Experienced Member
Re: wooden pallets
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2015, 09:07 »
They are not that hard to make BK and you can make it your own with a few design changes, glad you enjoyed the vid, cheers Dave  ps there is a short companion vid showing the design, wrecking bar Mk2, 18 seconds long
Today i will be mainly wearing no trousers

Mr Mole

« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2015, 22:36 »
I have got a roughneck demolition bar .....same sort of thing as yours Dave......jolly useful bit of kit.
I have just had a look and see that people put prices of various things and where to buy them, so I assume I won't get into trouble if I put a link on where you can get one.
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/demolition-and-lifting-bar

Dave NE

• Experienced Member
« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2015, 18:39 »
There are lots of makers these days, never tried a commercial one so cannot comment but there is a young guy on youtube who thinks he invented it ha ha, I was using a massive version of this tool called a bull fork 42 years ago on demolition sites, pretty scary when you are 4 floors up on joists with nails in them, Dave

evie2

« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2016, 19:01 »
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

rowlandwells

« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2018, 19:27 »
all those lovely wooden pallets a good friend of ours brings us wooden crates that he has  logs  delivered in from abroad in containers there 6ft planks nailed to a new pallet I've used several of them for storage boxes for my logs

if your careful taking those pallets to pieces they make lovely razed beds and any broken pieces  get cut up and used on the wood burner pallets also make good compost bins

I never refuse pallets old or new  :D :D :D

David S

« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2020, 14:08 »
I love wooden pallets. They do come in many sizes depending what is being shipped. I found that the building merchants the best, You need to get friendly with the yard foreman / forewoman. Sheets of plasterboard 8' x 4' are shipped flat on pallets, Bath's, Doors and objects of different sizes. The last two pallets I got were 3m x 1m. As for the cross pieces you need to check as I have found that some are made from a hard wood which is excellent for widow frames. I have now built 2 sheds from pallets and scrap wood just paying for the glass and felt roofing.
shed1.JPG

xx
Wooden Pallets

Started by Chris Toker on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post July 18, 2008, 09:59
by Code Numpty
clip
Pallets-R-Us...

Started by Growster... on Frugal Living

7 Replies
Last post October 14, 2022, 10:39
by SnooziSuzi
xx
I got some pallets!!

Started by foxydan on Frugal Living

11 Replies
Last post July 03, 2007, 19:41
by GrannieAnnie
xx
pallets

Started by doctorangler on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post June 12, 2011, 12:42
by doctorangler

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 40 queries.