Help! Broken asbestos concrete sheets

• 1 Replies

Joan Kennedy

Help! Broken asbestos concrete sheets
« on: April 04, 2009, 22:47 »
Hope this isn't cheating but below is a copy of what I've already posted as a reply to another thread on asbestos.

I've just taken on the job of association secretary - since last Monday.  (Our allotment site is self-managed, leased from the council.)  Today a fairly irate member asked me to have a look at some asbestos.  Basically a lot of corrugated asbestos concrete sheets - I didn't stay to count, but looked at least 10 - had been broken up and left at the bottom of the garden of an unoccupied house, right against the allotment site boundary.  Our irate member thinks this was done by another of our association members - someone who has amassed a huge amount of recycled materials on his plot.  I think irate member is right - but we've no proof.

I've had a plot for two years.  I took on the secretary role on the condition that we also had a committee.  The committee meets - coincidently - for the first time tomorrow evening.  When I got my plot I didn't receive or sign a tenancy agreement - I don't know of anyone else who's received one. 

Any words of advice from anyone who reads this before 4pm tomorrow (5th April) would be hugely appreciated!

In anticipation.
Joan

PS

I'm conscious that I'm only using the forum when I need help - and its been fantastic - so I'll really, really try to contribute a bit more.  I've had my allotment for 2 years now and absolutely love it - my husband complains of being an allotment widower - so although I'm not very experienced, I am a bit more confident.  Know I'll always be learning, but ready to pass on what bits of knowledge/experience I've managed to glean - for what they're worth!
Joan

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Help! Broken asbestos concrete sheets
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:43 »
You have a number of replies on your duplicate thread, have a look there  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Waterproofing corrugated asbestos/cement sheets

Started by wendyg on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post April 07, 2011, 20:32
by RichardA
xx
How much of a problem is Asbestos really?

Started by ThatsNice on Design and Construction

10 Replies
Last post January 14, 2013, 01:18
by Paul Plots
xx
Roofing Sheets

Started by MidlandBrewer on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post September 19, 2016, 21:36
by ilan
question
Polycarb Help! (How many sheets + Wastage)

Started by Goldfinger on Design and Construction

10 Replies
Last post February 24, 2011, 07:58
by gillie

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 34 queries.