Constructing paths

• 4 Replies

Janeymiddlewife

Constructing paths
« on: October 19, 2008, 13:13 »
Just trying to mull over the best way to "build" paths. Our boundary paths are grass, so will have to beg borrow or steal a petrol strimmer, they need a bit of attention due to nettles, abandoned compost and a very overgrown birch tree.
I was going to put down some weed suppressing membrane and bark chippings for a "quick" fix between my rasps and currants which are a bit close together, assume I will need some sort of edging to keep chippings in place and to secure membrane?
Most of the maintainerd lotties seem to have edged grass between 6 or so raised beds that is mown, not sure I'll have time for this
Any ideas?

garddwr

Constructing paths
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 15:57 »
if you could get hold of some pallets they would make a great path and they raise the path up aswell  :lol:

Janeymiddlewife

Constructing paths
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 16:54 »
thanks garddwr - hadn't thought of that. I can get free pallets near here - BUT once the kids have helped me load MPV - where do I put the kids? - on the roof, under the pallets? :twisted:

Ice

• muck spreader
Constructing paths
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 16:56 »
Quote from: "Janeymiddlewife"
thanks garddwr - hadn't thought of that. I can get free pallets near here - BUT once the kids have helped me load MPV - where do I put the kids? - on the roof, under the pallets? :twisted:
That's much too dangerous.  Give them roller blades and tow them. :lol:
Cheese makes everything better.

Janeymiddlewife

Constructing paths
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 21:36 »
Quote from: "Ice That's much too dangerous.  Give them roller blades and tow them. :lol:[/quote

- ooohh - DS2 would LOVE that - he knows no fear - well apart from totally irrational ones like claustraphobia, actors in costume (maybe not that irrational) and staying away from home (he's 12)!

xx
Help constructing raised beds

Started by Stratts on Design and Construction

11 Replies
Last post September 09, 2011, 16:48
by TerryB
xx
New way of constructing veggie beds, more efficient watering, increased yields !

Started by no_akira on Design and Construction

30 Replies
Last post August 06, 2016, 22:57
by snowdrops
xx
paths

Started by doug hutch on Design and Construction

10 Replies
Last post March 03, 2010, 00:51
by Steven Rowe
xx
Paths

Started by brucesgirl on Design and Construction

14 Replies
Last post August 02, 2007, 00:18
by leeky

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 35 queries.