Weird experience

• 3 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

Weird experience
« on: September 26, 2022, 08:36 »
On Saturday night, all over the house I could smell garlic. Now I never use garlic, don't grow it and the wild garlic in the wood had died down in summer. At first I thought the oven chips I'd used were flavoured with it, dragged them out of the freezer and checked - no flavouring at all. Then I thought maybe a neighbour was using it, went outside and sniffed the air - nothing, just a faint smell of muck-spreading from nearby fields. In the end I had a whisky, shower and bed. Next morning not a hint of a garlic smell. Both my son and daughter who came later in the day with their own kids couldn't smell even a trace of garlic.

Just a thought. Could the flu jab I had on the Saturday morning have distorted my sense of smell?

Anyone else ever experienced any thing similar?

snowdrops

Re: Weird experience
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 20:09 »
That’s odd I can sometimes get a whiff of cigarettes when I see someone on tv smoking!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

DanielCoffey

Re: Weird experience
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 14:50 »
A "garlic" smell coming from towels, flannels and also the cold water tap can be an indicator for a chemical called Allyl Mercaptan in the domestic water. It clings to clothing and smells of garlic. It is usually caused by the Water companies adding chlorine products to the system where there are iron pipes to deal with a leak.

xx
Has anyone had experience of the following

Started by RubyR3d on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post October 18, 2017, 12:15
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 39 queries.