Joint Replacement waiting time for Wales

• 1 Replies

LILLILEAF

Joint Replacement waiting time for Wales
« on: December 22, 2017, 07:38 »
 I am on a waiting list to have a hip replacement re done as it is loose also has not been put in straight,so i rang the hospital yesterday,the last time i saw the consultant was March 2016,so i asked what was going on the reply was waiting time is 30wks,so i said why have i been waiting 18 months??,so he passed me on to the next person the actual waiting time is 106wks :mad: :mad:.
I am number 50 on the list i will not get anything done till the middle of next year >:(.
When the 1st hip was done they were doing 6 hip replacements a day,now they are doing 3 a week >:(,this is due to government cut backs not enough staff,so the lists will just get longer,they have 500 people on the list for that one surgeon.
The only good thing is i am not number 500,but i feel for the people at the bottom of the list.
So i will knuckle down keep going pop more pills and do my garden and enjoy myself and do what i can :)and no one can tell me otherwise.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: Joint Replacement waiting time for Wales
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 10:46 »
I could fill the page with the saga of my cataract operation. I wrote to Ysbyty Gwynedd politely explaining what had gone wrong with the administration system and how this not only delayed me but also wasted medical resources.
Got a back-covering form response
Nothing but praise for the medical side - just the admin is pathetic.
From Val's experience when she worked for the English NHS and what we've seen - the biggest problem with the NHS is management. It should support, empower and enable the medical staff to do what they are brilliant at - not tie everyone up in red tape.
Hope you get sorted soon.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

xx
Replacement tech

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post March 02, 2020, 23:36
by grinling
xx
Coronavirus - Out of Control in Wales?

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

28 Replies
Last post December 21, 2020, 12:01
by mrs bouquet
xx
Wales Speed Limit

Started by AndyRVTR on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post September 18, 2023, 20:29
by Yorkie
xx
Wales is Closed for a couple of hours

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post October 29, 2019, 17:16
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 34 queries.