I'm so behind 😩

• 19 Replies

snowdrops

Re: I'm so behind 😩
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 15:49 »
Just to add I've only just got my potatoes in(Easter Monday to be precise) and just sowed some parsnips & carrots.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 16:39 »
I'm in the same camp as eeyoretigger, because when we took on a new and very very weedy plot last year it as obvious we could never get it all under control at once. Covering a large section with landscape membrane, well weighted down so it stayed in place meant that all the weeds were totally dead a year later (We don't have any bindweed, which takes longer)

Those weeds also didn't set seeds to infest other areas either, which was good.

Even if you cover most of your plot, it'll not harm it at all and allow you to focus on enjoying growing something to eat, and getting your little ones to enjoy being there too
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Mum2mj

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 16:59 »
Thank you all for replying with your lovely supportive comments & suggestions, I can't tell you how much I needed to hear them 😊 I'm feeling much more positive now.  I have a plastic climbing cube with slide which is suitable for my little one.  I have a pile of pallets that I can probably get hubby interested to make a den/mud kitchen & I've a swing at home that won't go in the ground (chalky slope) that could go to the plot. 
Hubby took little one swimming sat morning so thought I'd drop them off and take girls (6&7) to plot with me to do potatoes. First 15mins they were happy digging holes then they had a huge fight over who's was the biggest which then escalated to a full on war.  They seem to hate eachother at the moment so we ended up going home not having done anything there.  They are actually quite happy sowing seeds etc just not together 😳
So I'll do the seperate beds for them (away from eachother!) and a play area , I might even sow a runner bean teepee 😄 and then strim & cover as much as I can! And I just might get some bits sown and planted 😊 x
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 18:06 by Mum2mj »

mrs bouquet

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 17:06 »
I think you are actually doing really well, don't be too hard on yourself, or the pleasure of it will go.  It always gets done in the end, and you may just have your crop a couple of weeks later, but hey.  Good luck, Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 22:44 »
Your children sound perfectly normal, and giving them their own areas and letting them each do their own thing will be good I am sure

You are managing really well... I gave up our previous plot when our children were young as there were just not enough hours in the week and always wished I had had some advice about how to make things more manageable, as they did enjoy being there.

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 34 queries.