Good Life effect kicked in at last

• 33 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: Good Life effect kicked in at last
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 04:43 »
Go for it New Shoot! It's all looking great. I wish I could send you some peaches from the market, they are stunning at the moment and only about 80p a kilo. Might get a few kilos today.....and some more bottles! :D

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 17:41 »
I wish you could as well, that's so cheap  :ohmy:

Are you bottling them in plain syrup Tosca or adding any flavours ?  :)

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 18:56 »
I wish you could as well, that's so cheap  :ohmy:

Are you bottling them in plain syrup Tosca or adding any flavours ?  :)

Some in plain syrup, some with brandy added, but only because I have had it a couple of years. We don't normally drink. Did a load of apricots earlier too as we had a bumper crop of huge ones this year. We will probably enjoy them in winter when there is limited choice. We had some nectarines that were a devil to stone and they have been made into a compote, and loads of plums. I am worrying about my walnuts at the moment, a lot seem to be going black instead of light green before dropping. I need them for protein as I don't eat meat.

We are going to try to eat as much as we can from bottles and freezer, and some dried, rather than buying stuff out of season, as I have got used to doing when I get fed up of cabbagey things and leeks.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 21:48 »
What are the options for meat-free protein?  Can you buy dried beans or grow your own next year  :unsure:   

What about other nuts.  If the peaches are that cheap, you might be able to pick up a load of stuff at the market later on in the year to see you through :)

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 34 queries.