There here !! 10 Day update

• 4 Replies

Numptyone

There here !! 10 Day update
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:58 »
Well it is now 10 Days since the girls arrived we quickly worked out the run 3mx1m seemed to be to small when we put water and food in so we open it in the morning and they go up the garden coming down to lay or at bedtime we are really suprised at how little work they really are and so quiet .We went back and bought a new girl Suzy Sussex she is younger we got her because we did not want any bullying issuses if we got her later ,eggs so far 14 eggs in 10 days and as we read on the forum you can if you keep your eye on the coop  you can tell who,s laying by the shape of the eggs. Spoilt-- l had started to turn the soil on the rough patch enter 4 very intersed chicks love worms,bugs l think l am there freind because l can work  the spade , rice, picking tomatoes off the plants, sitting in there dust bath, oh nobody told me when the sunshines they almost collapse in a heap to get a bit of a tan  no problems so far and we go out shoppping etc if it rains they dash to the coop  my wife dashes back from were she is to collect the eggs  and see they are alright
Thanks for all the advice the members must hear the same questions all the time but are really Helpful ,l read the forum everyday to pick tips up
Paul
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:07 by Numptyone »

Anndee

• Experienced Member
Re: There here !! 10 Day update
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 15:51 »
Lovely to hear how they are all doing Paul. Like you I am also new to keeping chickens but am loving it. we got 3 girlies for our little boy last Tuesday and so far all have settle well.

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:44 »
It is lovely to hear how youre enjoying them, Paul!  They soon become an obsession don't they? When I'm out I catch myself wondering what the chickens are doing and often I would rather be at home with them than wherever else I'm meant to be!  :lol:

Their sunbathing is funny to watch.  It can be a worry the first time you see them slump down onto the ground with a foot or wing poked ungracefully out!

NormandyMary

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 18:31 »
It is lovely to hear how youre enjoying them, Paul!  They soon become an obsession don't they? When I'm out I catch myself wondering what the chickens are doing and often I would rather be at home with them than wherever else I'm meant to be!  :lol:

Their sunbathing is funny to watch.  It can be a worry the first time you see them slump down onto the ground with a foot or wing poked ungracefully out!
Talking of sticking their legs out, I love it when I see them standing, then they shoot a leg and wing out. I say that they are doing their Pilates as that's what it looks like. It never fails to make me chuckle!

Anndee

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 22:28 »
I love watching mine taking a dust bath in an unused long plastic plant trough full of compost. They love it. they all get lined up in it chucking compost over each other!!. I'm thinking of getting a kiddies sandpit for them to go in. The shell type where the lid comes over to keep it all dry. :D Spoilt or what  :nowink:

xx
Broody Update!

Started by lukasmum on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post June 19, 2010, 08:58
by lukasmum
xx
Egg moving update

Started by grinling on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post June 14, 2013, 16:02
by ANHBUC
xx
First egg and update (with pics ;) )

Started by Nicki85 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post July 01, 2011, 08:53
by Nicki85
xx
Gosling Update.

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post June 24, 2013, 09:34
by Debz

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 34 queries.