Today I'm going to ...

• 261 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Today I'm going to ...
« on: March 26, 2020, 08:19 »
How we are all doing today?

I have to go to work later (food shop) but I am going to potter a bit in the garden this morning.  OH is off work for the moment.  He is going to be a temporary delivery driver for the place I work for, to help with the extra on-line orders we will be be getting.  Yesterday he did a 10 minute run and spent the rest of the day aching.  Today it was 30 minutes cycling first thing.  I asked him to go and open the gate as the bin men were due and got a plaintive 'I don't know if I can walk that far'  :lol: 

So what are you up to?  You might inspire someone else or even pick up an idea for something you have been meaning to do, but not got around to yet.  Staying active in body and mind are so important, so let's get through this together  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Today I'm going to ...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 08:59 »
be digging a hole to put a fence repair pin in. When I've done all I can my neighbour will take over, mixing the concrete to go around it. (I know postcrete is easier, but I'm using up what I already have, rather than arrange a delivery)
Neither of us are planning to be in the garden at the same time  :lol: :lol: Sounds silly - but needs must ;)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 10:09 »
The diminishing contents of my freezer revealed two bags of raspberries, one from last year, the other the year before, so today I'm going to make some raspberry jam (probably enough for two jars so one will be 'stockpiled', the other will be used for a buttered toast-and-jamfest!  :)

Other than that, more weeding (not fun, not exactly an inspirational idea, but necessary.)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 10:13 »
I'm trying to keep home time interesting to a school loving sprog, currently watching bees in the garden is a suprise hit.

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 10:31 »
We have already been for a little walk round the park at the back of our house. No one there so it’s fine. Today I’m going to continue to miss my children and grandchildren, but will enjoy carrying on sorting my shed. I will also continue repotting fuchsias and the like which are all sprouting well.
I hope that Plotfather will put a second coat of paint on the bathroom ceiling.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 15:34 »
Today, I have re-instated my Sainsbury on-line shop.  I Haven't used it since Mum died.    Once I got into it I quite enjoyed it.   Was tricky to set up as I had forgotten my password and got locked out.  But its ok now and I have got an order for Sunday between 2 - 3pm.   Mind you, I wonder how much will arrive !!   The only other problem  I had with it is trying to check if my Nectar card is still linked.   Nightmare -   how difficult can it be !   I have given up on that for now.   If there are no points, I shall try to sort it then.  Apart from that, I am having to stay indoors waiting for a call back from SSE  !!  Take care folks.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

wighty

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 18:00 »
I've been out and painted four fence panels with wood preserver.  Usually only do them every other year so the front ones are not due this year but needs must, it was just a touch up job really where the colour had faded or worn.  Will carry on this tiresome task, as and when the mood takes  me.  Like Plotmother missing my Grandchildren who were supposed to be coming over at Easter.

rowlandwells

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 18:27 »
finished the potting shed re-fit all singing and dancing new shelves new potting bench all the pots and hanging baskets sorted could do with a visit to the recycle centre but that's a no no haven't been out the gate since Monday

do you know i mite actually find time to sow some seed in the potting shed tomorrow when I've planted some cauliflower plants in a raised bed also planning to go down the allotments next week ?

so you all keep safe & well and  keep the conversations going on A&G

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 21:20 »
Today, I have re-instated my Sainsbury on-line shop.  I Haven't used it since Mum died.    Once I got into it I quite enjoyed it.   Was tricky to set up as I had forgotten my password and got locked out.  But its ok now and I have got an order for Sunday between 2 - 3pm.   Mind you, I wonder how much will arrive !!   The only other problem  I had with it is trying to check if my Nectar card is still linked.   Nightmare -   how difficult can it be !   I have given up on that for now.   If there are no points, I shall try to sort it then.  Apart from that, I am having to stay indoors waiting for a call back from SSE  !!  Take care folks.   Mrs Bouquet

I was told that shops pick up stock for home delivery from the shelves and it was best to order early in the hay because the locusts hadn't gotten to everything yet.

grinling

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 22:10 »
walked the dog with hubby,not much work here except Moy Park, but not that desperate, I dug over the front growing area,hubby painted 1 chimney stack.
More digging tomorrow in more sunshine.

GraciesGran

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 06:40 »
After I've walked.the.dog.I'm going to dead.head the daffodils in the front garden and tidy the borders.  Then I'm going to do some embroidery,  my son, who I love.very.much, thought a cross stitch sampler  would be an ideal christening gift for.his.goddaughter. I can only work on it for an hour at a time, it's had me in tears and I am very glad.the.christening has been delayed. This afternoon I'm going in the greenhouse for a.little seed sewing.

snowdrops

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 09:48 »
Today I’m going to make minestrone soup ✅
Make some sort of cake. ✅
Go to the Allotment ✅✅
Give my daughter a cuddle when she visits- she’s been self isolating for 14 days & due back to work tomorrow. X she said were not allowed 😟
Make an apple pie maybe.x
Most importantly not kill any of my family that are living with me, believe me I’m serious it’s like he’ll let loose here this morning.✅ but only just lol
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 21:16 by snowdrops »
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 10:43 »
I was told that shops pick up stock for home delivery from the shelves and it was best to order early in the hay because the locusts hadn't gotten to everything yet.
I know Trashco pick home delivery orders overnight at the local warehouse.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 12:51 »
I'm going to make some lunch in a bit, then head off to the plot for an hour or so.

I know Trashco pick home delivery orders overnight at the local warehouse.

I think it is all change very soon on this. I have been told to ignore what my rota currently say for the next few weeks, as I may be going onto shift work, round the clock and 7 days a week. 

Hence I am trying to get the plot as ready as I can, so I can dash up there even more erratically than I do at present and shove stuff in as and when  :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2020, 21:18 »
How will that affect  your other job?

xx
But today got better !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post May 05, 2018, 19:00
by grinling
xx
Another Scam Today ...

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

33 Replies
Last post May 03, 2020, 18:43
by Christine
xx
Saw something sweet today

Started by azubah on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post September 25, 2017, 11:53
by mumofstig
clip
Found this today

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post November 05, 2020, 16:31
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 56 queries.