Poorly hen???

• 2 Replies

Kathie

• Experienced Member
Poorly hen???
« on: May 30, 2010, 15:34 »
Hi all,  We have an ex-bat called Maisie who has started to dribble slightly from her mouth.  She is eating and drinking as normal. We have had her for 14 months and she has always been a loner so we can't say her behaviour has changed and she has been in the house attempting to steal dog food at least 3 times today.  Should we be concerned and does anyone have any advice.  Thank you.  Kathie
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

dizzylizzie

Re: Poorly hen???
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 18:13 »
How long has she been doing this, and what does her crop feel like in the morning?....Have you had a quick look inside her mouth, does it look normal?no growths, sores etc? :)

Kathie

• Experienced Member
Re: Poorly hen???
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 10:13 »
Hi Dizzylizzie, thanks for your reply.  She started at lunch time on Saturday, we sat together on the step for a good half hour after post yesterday and she seemed fine then an hour later she was sat facing the wall with her tail down.  Just before bed she was chasing moths and flies and looked fine.  Checked her this morning, crop is fine and mouth doesn't seem to have anything unusual in it but shortly after breakfast she went back in to the coop.  I've checked her a few times and she is just perching slightly hunched up. I am so worried about her, I'm just going to bring her in to keep an eye on her.

xx
poorly poorly hen advice please

Started by feelingbroody on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post August 10, 2011, 18:22
by feelingbroody
xx
re poorly hen please help

Started by vicpic39 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 26, 2009, 23:12
by lucylou
xx
Poorly hen... I think

Started by Brian Green fingers on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post February 23, 2010, 20:42
by Brian Green fingers
xx
my fav hen is poorly

Started by shetan on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post July 24, 2011, 17:22
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 38 queries.