Difficult to open - Help ?

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

Difficult to open - Help ?
« on: October 12, 2023, 16:17 »
Just bought a second dehumidifer  Dr Prepare X2, the water tank is plastic and I want to empty it by taking the lid off.  It is very stiff and difficult.  Can I use something on it to make it easier for me.  ie:  Vaseline, Polish,  Any ideas welcome,  thanks,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

johnjsdb

• Experienced Member
Re: Difficult to open - Help ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 22:58 »
Try silicone spray

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 08:57 »
I find the same problem with so many things either small plastic packages where even my sharp scissors won't make a dent in it, or other things with plastic jobbies that you need to either attach or remove. I daren't force things as I fear I might break the said plastic.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 11:23 »
I always struggled with bleach/oil/vinegar tops until I found that my old nutcrackers are perfect for the job of twisting them off.   The jar key that I bought several years ago is becoming more and more useful too. Are we all getting older and weaker or are the tops etc. getting more and more difficult?  The plastic stoppers in the tops of diffuser bottles are nigh on impossible, or is it just me? 
Hope you manage to open your dehumidifier, Mrs B. If all else fails you can try accosting the postman for help when he calls.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 12:27 »
Thanks for your answers, which made me smile .    I was jut looking at silicone spray, I have some in the garage, I will give it a try.  Mrs Bouquet

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2023, 15:59 »
Never used them for their intended purpose, but water pump pliers (pic) always work for me, and are adjustable so will open almost any sized screw cap.

Those stupid 'childproof' flexible caps which you are supposed to squeeze, push down and turn (all at the same time  ::)) will also succumb if you use enough force (you will probably destroy the cap, but may well get a lot of vengeful pleasure from doing so!  :lol:)
images2.jpg
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

AndyRVTR

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2023, 20:19 »
Just don't overtighten..  ;)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2023, 14:35 »
Thanks for your answers.  I got the silicone spray and put some onto tissue, then wipes it all around the plastic box and lid....It has worked like a charm.   Problem solved.    Also all the jar opening tricks as well.   Many thanks,  Mrs B

xx
are they going to open

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post May 14, 2020, 22:14
by grinling
xx
Open Garden Afternoon

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 17:08
by mrs bouquet
xx
Library is Open - This book is excellent

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

24 Replies
Last post January 28, 2021, 05:28
by Growster...

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 47 queries.