Has to be the best garden SALE in the world........ ever!

• 20 Replies

sweet nasturtium

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 01:10 »
Jeez Masha, you are actually starting to sound like my mother!

mashauk

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 11:38 »
LOL, I'm turning into my mother that's for sure. it's just I like a shop where the staff actually know the products they're selling, or I may as well shop on line (which I do and often buy the wrong thing!), cos I'm fick innit :lol:

mumsy

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 17:22 »
Our Tesco even sells equine equip, numnahs, bridles etc, I couldn't believe it!!!! I know in France you can get everything at the supermarket, even maggots for fishing (well at least I hope they are using them for fishing :wink: ) But we are not France!!!! We have saddleries & tackle shops, which will go out of business.

potatopotato

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 18:06 »
Quote from: "mashauk"
Even at B&Q they're useless (well at mine anyway).

Have to second this. I had a really embarrassing time in B&Q resulting in me losing my temper and telling one of the shop assistants off....

...I went in there to buy concrete blocks, couldn't find any in the garden section, but found some out the front, so I went to the trade desk to ask about buying some: "How much are those concrete blocks...? ...oh yeah 7p, great, I'll have 20," I say. "So how does it work, do I just go to the pay desk and tell them how many I'm having and pick them up on the way out?" - guys behind the counter look at me as though I'm talking a foreign language, or have never seen a woman buying concrete blocks before. One of them gestures towards the blocks outside, "No you have to get them and then pay for them at the counter, there are trolleys out there, just push the door button when you're finished and I'll let you back in."

So I go out to the front bit where the trolleys and concrete blocks are, I think 'It's a bit strange they're just letting a tiny woman like me go out front and load heavy concrete blocks onto a trolley without any help, but never mind,' and so I start picking up the blocks off the pile to put onto my trolley.

Five minutes later one of the shop assistants appears behind me: "What are you doing?! Don't take the concrete blocks from there!"

I wasn't very pleased. (I ended up not buying anything in there in the end of course!)
So everybody's entitled to opinions, I open up my mouth, and s***, I've got millions! - Lady Sovereign

apywell

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 21:52 »
I agree with what's been said about B&Q not being very helpful.  Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan.  It was just a once in a lifetime to get some gardening things at silly prices.  During the last week (They finally closed yesterday) I was visiting both B&Qs that were closing because 1 was where I work and the other one opposite where I live.  I couldn't miss this chance to stock up.  

I'm not 100% organic so slug pellets down from £1.80 to 25p meant I took about 20 packs.  There's no expiry date!  We all need screws, and tubs of decking screws down from £6 to £1 (need to repair shed, potting shed and fence).  I even noticed a 10x50m roll of black damp proofing membrain leaning up against the wall inside.  When I asked how much the guy said that he could only go as low as £5.  I said I wanted it to clear the weeds on my allotment and he went down to £4. He then carried it to the checkout for me and only charged me £3.  I think it retails for about £15.  It's on there now.

One of the last things I had bought was 10 container lids.  Can anybody guess what for....  no containers just the lids.  They are about 20" x 15".  They had been marked down from £2.99 to 50p each.  They had been there for a couple of days.  Then I thought of a use....  turn them upside down and they will hold maybe 12 plant pots or 2 seed trays each.  A lip around the outside will retain water so instead of watering 12 separate pots, just put the water in the tray!  Plus they will be easier to move lots of small pots around.

They let me have them for 10p each.

I also have about £60 worth of weedkiller for £5.  They have the spray guns in a holster at the side so you just spray the individual weed.  SWMBO has gone mad because of all the stuff still around the house.  I have 3 packs of timber (half price) in the hall way waiting to be made into a wine rack for all the plumb wine i made last yr.
Committee member and Treasurer. Oh and maintain our website.....

apywell

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 21:55 »
Oh, forgot to add that they were not selling any of their water butts reduced to £15 each with taps and lids.  There was 4 but he wouldn't shift on the £15.....  Oh well, can't win 'em all....   :wink:

xx
b & q greenhouse sale....

Started by potatopotato on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post October 02, 2007, 22:07
by mkhenry
xx
garage sale bargain or not?

Started by muntjac on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post January 30, 2007, 21:17
by muntjac
xx
Which rotovator???? Any for sale? Advice needed

Started by Southmead on Equipment Shed

22 Replies
Last post June 09, 2006, 09:48
by Southmead
xx
old grey ferguson tractor for sale aprox a grand

Started by muntjac on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post August 21, 2011, 10:10
by JayG

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 34 queries.