MORE PICCIES

• 15 Replies

Jellyhead

MORE PICCIES
« on: October 26, 2007, 18:07 »
Some more piccies of some of my brood :D

[

Hope you liked them. I have more if you like???
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

WG.

MORE PICCIES
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 18:08 »
Your ducks look very conspiratorial!  I really like ducks.

babe

• elvis king of chooks
MORE PICCIES
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 18:15 »
what a beautiful bunch.

i adore frizzles and i definately need to get me one of those naked necks.

its great to see a nice mix of alsorts

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
MORE PICCIES
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 18:18 »
I've copied your piccies to the piccies sticky FC (Aunty had lost it, but I found it under the naughty step  :roll: )

Jellyhead

MORE PICCIES
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 18:21 »
Thanks Happyvalley. My naked neck is called treacle and she was hand reared. In June,  my neighbour, who has gazillions of em,  brought her up to me cos her mum had rejected her. She knows i do Reiki and the chick was on its way out. Here we are now and she is such a lovely hen. She has a large boney lump on her back which makes her wonkey but to me she is pretty :D

jack russell

MORE PICCIES
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 18:24 »
yep nice birds i adore ducks also,  and will be getting me some next year.   I noticed a kids play pool,  is this what you use and how many ducks do you have,  and how often does it need cleaned as i been told they messy and stink. :D  :wink:

cheers

jr
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

babe

• elvis king of chooks
MORE PICCIES
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 18:47 »
hi jack, i have ducks and i use a kids pool, i empty it clean it and refil it every other day. the ducks will dirty it up very quick but it needs to be clean so that they can keep their eyes clean.

they do poo more than chickens but i cant say they smell but that will depend on how much space they have. mine free range with my chickens.

babe

• elvis king of chooks
MORE PICCIES
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 18:50 »
Quote from: "Frenchconnection"
Thanks Happyvalley. My naked neck is called treacle and she was hand reared. In June,  my neighbour, who has gazillions of em,  brought her up to me cos her mum had rejected her. She knows i do Reiki and the chick was on its way out. Here we are now and she is such a lovely hen. She has a large boney lump on her back which makes her wonkey but to me she is pretty :D

ive found someone who hatched loads of naked necks this year,  it will be her breeding stock so hopefully this year i'll get one.

bump or no bump, we love em all.

Jellyhead

MORE PICCIES
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 20:49 »
Hi Jack Russell, I have 5 ducks and clean out pools every 3-4 days. Their poo is definately more smelly than the chooks but the ducks are so lovely. I have this great ability to block off my nose to nasty niffs. Just as well really as we now have 5 dogs, 8 cats, 2 guinea pigs, 34 chickens(so far) and 5 ducks. I still have Turkeys on my wish list though and want to rescue some donkeys. All my animals apart from the chooks are rescue :D

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
MORE PICCIES
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 21:01 »
JR, I'm still trying to speak with the guy on our lottie site re the geese... we have our quarterly open meeting on Wednesday so will try to find out some info then  :D

Fantastic pics, FC!  I'm hoping to get some unusual varieties soon.. will post pics as soon as I can :D

Trillium

MORE PICCIES
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 21:07 »
Beautiful birds, French Conn. What breed is the mom with chicks? And which is the naked neck? I can't figure that one out.

Jellyhead

MORE PICCIES
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 21:22 »
Thanks Trillium, the mom is a Wyandotte Bantam (gold laced I think), I have some other Wyandottes will post some pics, they are all lovely natured and quite good layers. They do make brilliant mums. The naked neck is the 3rd picture down. The chicks are very comical to look at, will post photo soon.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
MORE PICCIES
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 21:26 »
I'm gonna ask a really (no, seriously really) dumb question here, but can chicks be hatched at any time of year?

I'm new to the whole chook thing and thought that they would only hatch at Easter  :oops:

muntjac

MORE PICCIES
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 21:29 »
yes but its best in spring or they may freeze to death if the mother abandons them :wink:
still alive /............

Jellyhead

MORE PICCIES
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 21:40 »
I am fortunate enough to be able to bring mine in and hand rear them if anything goes wrong with the mummy. Fortunately I have only had to do it 3 times :D

xx
New Piccies

Started by Andy J on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 18, 2008, 16:54
by Andy J
xx
Piccies

Started by Jellyhead on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post October 25, 2007, 09:19
by Sadgit
xx
Odd Egg piccies

Started by Aunt Sally on The Hen House

32 Replies
Last post December 07, 2008, 10:04
by violet
xx
Nice piccies

Started by Jellyhead on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 12, 2008, 21:38
by mumsy

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 34 queries.