RIP girls

• 23 Replies

barley

Re: RIP girls
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 16:01 »
The run now resembles Colditz.

mine too springlands - seen it happen to often to friends chooks to know the fox will do anything to get a meal
I have only been unlucky and lost one to a buzzard , I was even out there with them and he swooped down from know where - I suppose we must remember predators need to eat , but personally wish it was a wild bunny and not our pets  :(

Springlands

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 16:06 »
The run now resembles Colditz.

mine too springlands - seen it happen to often to friends chooks to know the fox will do anything to get a meal
I have only been unlucky and lost one to a buzzard , I was even out there with them and he swooped down from know where - I suppose we must remember predators need to eat , but personally wish it was a wild bunny and not our pets  :(

I would also be happy if it was the bunnies - my garden is overrun with them - will have to rabbit proof the veggie patches this year.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 17:12 »
Sorry to hear about your chooks, Ice  :(
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 22:26 »
I will get some more, but not right now as it's too soon.  The next run will resemble Fort Knox and Colditz rolled into one, even I will have to wear ID to get in.  Just hope it hasn't noticed my neighbours hens next door.
Cheese makes everything better.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 08:31 »
so sorry Ice, having lost quite a lot of mine to two mink attacks 3 years ago I understand only too well how you feel (I am lucky because the local farmers came along our beck to try and find the mink as they have chickens and pheasants - guess they found it or them because there has been no sightings since).
Staffies are softer than you think.

Sue33

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 12:00 »

sorry to hear about your girls Ice, it's just so shocking when it happens and takes a while to recover  :(

pepsi100

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 15:15 »
I know EXACTLY how you feel, now my run is fox proof, I hate them with a passion, BUT I have their brushes hanging up just to show what happens to any that visit me in the future

My neighbours dont like it that I kill them, they feed them, As far as I am concerned they are vermin, lets favce it, you dont feed rats (willingly)

I have even told the council as they cant keep numbers down, if they visit my garden and hens, I will

They dont seem to have a problem or object to that  ;)

I had foxes wipe me out twice (once when I was away) the other time when I just started out
It's all about the journey, not the destination

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 21:51 »
Thanks for all the kind words.  I'm not sure right now that I will get any more hens. :(

Trillium

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 22:19 »
Aw, that's awful, Ice. Sorry your girls were first on the list. With so much housing going up, foxes have to forage in new areas and finally caught up with yours.

I'm sure Cluckingham Palace #2 will be a secure home for new girls. Don't let those foxes get you down.

xx
Which new girls?

Started by nerdle on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 23:37
by nerdle
xx
My girls

Started by SoniaBA on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post April 01, 2011, 11:43
by ANHBUC
xx
New girls

Started by Elvira on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post September 23, 2013, 18:25
by splash101
clip
two girls and a boy maybe?

Started by Jo57 on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post May 16, 2013, 21:05
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 39 queries.