HEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPP!! been rammed....

• 61 Replies

Foxy

HEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPP!! been rammed....
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:28 »
I have had a bit of barney with a ram, I now have a sore throat and a sore bum, need help urgently or it will be ram cutlets :ohmy: :ohmy:
Had just finished the neighbours chooks, had fed the lambs, walking across the field with my bucket full of eggs then  WHAM!!!!! I was flung foward and landed in a heap, the ram had butted me from behind....not funny, then I manage to pick myself up after screaming wildly at him, pick up the eggs, well the unbroken ones, he backs right off, I think good sorted, then OMG he is running at me.... I am like WTF?????? (sorry auntie) he then sort of jumps in the air like a bucking horse and I get it full blast, and again I go flying...egg bucket flies through the air, now I am real mad and screaming like a banshee at him...and I think OK two can play at this game, he backs off and I now have twigged what that means...so I back off he runs I stand my ground yelling at him...he rams me and I smack him on the nose, I didn't fall over though...I have no idea how to deal with him I cant have this everyday...oh and out of 8 days I limped back with 2..one of them all over my T-Shirt...can someone please help????

dizzylizzie

Re: HEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPP!! been rammed....
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:36 »
can you eat rams? ;)
seriously tho..are you ok?

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 11:40 »
Ouch!! Never look a ram in the eyes as they do see this as though you are challenging them. Apart from that I can't help sorry.
Staffies are softer than you think.

matilda duck

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 11:57 »
Oh are you ok?  Wet myself laughing at WTF sorry Aunty :LOL :lol:   
Can't help at all.   EAT HIM :tongue2:

Foxy

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 12:17 »
Ouch!! Never look a ram in the eyes as they do see this as though you are challenging them. Apart from that I can't help sorry.

well thats exactly what I did! I was mad as hell at it. Its not for eating its a breeding something or other...the thing is I have to get past him to get to the poultry shed and somehow get back again with all the eggs, in one peice and not scrambled would be good..

Foxy

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 12:19 »
I could video him I guess and send it in to a sheep whisperer??? ???

purplejaguar

• Experienced Member
  • I would love some Ducks one day :)
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 12:27 »

well thats exactly what I did! I was mad as hell at it. Its not for eating its a breeding something or other...the thing is I have to get past him to get to the poultry shed and somehow get back again with all the eggs, in one peice and not scrambled would be good..

You could try impersonating a Ewe, he may be gentler with you then  ????? lol
Seriously though, maybe you can take something to defend your self with, like a big stick? Is there anywhere else he could be penned while you are looking after them?
Chinese Proverb - Man who puts Meat and Peas in same pot, very unhygenic!! ;o)

devondave

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 12:31 »
I think slowly roasted served with roast spuds and mint sauce would sort the problem out

purplejaguar

• Experienced Member
  • I would love some Ducks one day :)
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 12:35 »
I have an idea, shout mint sauce at him very loudly lol  :D.

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 12:46 »
Sorry but

Next time I think ewe should run or you could sound a horn May be try pulling the wool over his eyes?

On a serous note try wearing the owners coat.   
I have no idea really.

Is he sorry, looking a little sheepish?

I am not laughing. 

Honest.

look no smileys .

Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

Foxy

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 14:00 »
Thanks Ruff! ewe are a great help! :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Hawkins

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 17:31 »
Sorry Foxy cant help but you have cheered me up.

Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 19:22 »
What a horrible shock.

I have friend who has a smallholding in Devon, and her ram is just hideous and gets out of the field as well and terrorises everyone in the village. She uses a kind of fence panel about 3 ft high and five foot wide to head it off with so she can steer him home.

Maybe someone could come with you with a large piece of wood................... or a stun gun  :ohmy: (only joking there Aunty about the stun gun)
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

agapanthus

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 20:19 »
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would have pooped myself!!!!
Karl says...chuck a bucket of water over him!!! It should surprise him and if you do that a couple of times and then carry an empty bucket it might just put him off.

hamstergbert

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 20:29 »
Don't let carrying a big stick get you too brave, at least not if you try to clonk him on the head with it - any animal designed to survive a head on collision at 50mph with another equally boneheaded ram coming the other way at 50mph is clearly too thick in the forehead bone department to do other than sneer at your puny stick.

Possible alternative courses of action :

1.  Carrry a big stick - but twang him in the happy-sacks with it, not the forehead....

and/or
2.  When he backs up to prepare for his next charge, follow him and do not let him have a run up at you instead go up alongside of him - he is designed for a forward charge at a rival ram who plays the same game.  Ideally combine with 1. above!

or
3.  Invest in a red silk cape and hold a stick of rhubarb as you entice him to charge the cape, shouting ole in some cod bucolic accent as he roars past.... and you twang him in the happy-sack with your stick of rhubarb while he is still trying to work out why you aint there any  more.
The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 39 queries.