It's summer again

• 2 Replies

Toosje

• Experienced Member
It's summer again
« on: July 17, 2019, 10:05 »
Hello there, it has beed quite some time I have been here: last year end of gardening season I think.

Being away from home a lot for work does lessen the amount of time behind the computer and working hard because our oldest New Foundlander took ill and we wanted te provide him with good medical care. Sadly he left us a few weeks ago.

In the mean time, after one of my silkies passed, we were asked to adopt a group of very special chickens: it is a meat production kind and came through a shelter.
They are the most adorable and mild in nature. We are having so much fun with them. With 6 kg per lady it is a sight to see them waddling about. 5 strong and healthy newbies.

Happy to be back and read all the stories.
IMG_20190201_122902.jpg
IMG_20190512_193839.jpg
IMG_20190512_200123.jpg

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: It's summer again
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 08:47 »
They are looking really good Toosje.  Good they have a long happy life with you to look forward to, rather than a few weeks like most meat birds  :)

Toosje

• Experienced Member
Re: It's summer again
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 13:15 »
Thank you New Shoot, yes they are adorable and so happy! Every morning they sit 'screaming' they want out of the shed, to run out and fly of to take a nap  :D

As if writing about their health was challenging the gods: I went to see the vet with 2 of them yesterday!

They are all on antibiotics because they caught a 'flu' and needed worming.
Hopefully in 5 days they will all be happy again :)

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 40 queries.