Honestly, Pip!

• 6 Replies

evie2

Honestly, Pip!
« on: May 23, 2014, 16:58 »
Today Pip and Mist went to the vet for kennel cough and Pip also had his booster.  They have always enjoyed going to the vets, lots of new smells and other animals to meet.  Tails wagging they pulled OH and Eils to the door, Pip jumped at the handle and barged in :)  Being a typical boarder collie, Pip didn't like the fact I went to reception alone and made a couple of gentle wuffs.  Mist couldn't care less, there were bags of food beside her to be investigated ::)  All was well, tails werex  wagging until a dog emerged from a consulting room, Pip went 'off on one' to coin a phrase from my lot, so embarrassing  :ohmy:  We only had to wait a few minutes until we were called, as soon as they saw the vet, they were off, wagging and excited.  Now they really like this vet and were all over her in seconds :D Last time we went she sat on the floor with them having cuddles  However this time it all went a bit down hill for Pip :(  first he had a wee on the door >:( and then as the vet was trying to listen to his chest, he growled >:( >:( so it was decided he needed a muzzle on  :ohmy:  :(  Mist, while this palaver was going on, was licking his nose, which makes the kennel cough vaccine a little difficult ::)  Once it was all over, he was his normal loving self again, I was so embarrassed.  It was now Mists turn and what did she do?  She lay on her back, legs in the air, wanting a tickle :nowink: that position is perfect for kennel cough vaccine except she was under the examining table and the vet had to join her :ohmy: :lol:

Needless to say, I was in need of a strong cuppa when we got home :nowink:
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Honestly, Pip!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 18:18 »
 :wacko: :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 20:51 »
Oh dear worse than children  :lol: :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

madcat

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 10:35 »
Needless to say, I was in need of a strong cuppa when we got home :nowink:

I bet the vet needed one too!!   :lol: :lol:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 10:59 »
aww silly Pip, glad you got them sorted in the end  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

evie2

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 12:27 »
He's been back for the second part of his booster since then and was exactly the same.  All tail wagging until the vet got near his neck :(  This is a learned behaviour, learned because of a dog trainer who, although he said he had boarder collie experience, hadn't >:(  He even shies away from us sometimes but doesn't growl.  They go to a kennel once a month and love it.  They know the road and get very excited and before they come home they have a bath and smell wonderful.  Mist had her claws trimmed last time they were there :)  Pip loves the male owner and is all puppy waggy and licky, paws on the counter, of course this all stops when the chap comes round to collect him then it's all bark, bark, bark :ohmy: >:( 

rosiecider

• Experienced Member
  • rosiecider
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 12:53 »
I can always rely on my three  Collies to either embarrass me at the vets ( especially if he is the lovely one )or have everyone going aaahhh how good are they.. wish I knew before the appointment which one they are going for, think they decide between them in  the car park  ::)
:D I garden therefore I am

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 38 queries.