• 18 Replies

Wellington

• Experienced Member
Re: A couple of handy hints
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 12:39 »
My duvet is an extra long, extra wide superking

I've never seen a superking or I would have gladly got one. :(
Only get that you can get covers for.

I think it came from The White Company, but before you look, know that mother in law had very expensive tastes, and you might get a shock!  I would never buy it, being only five foot tall. (I only kept the superking bed because the double I had was too high to lace my shoes up on)

lettice

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 13:06 »
"Hurricane force pegs".
5 years of using them and they've keep our laundry on the line in all named storms that have been dry enough to have laundry out in. Their just under £6 on Amazon for 72, last for a few years, more if you take them in and don't leave them on the line in snow and frost like I do. Made from recycled plastic.

I have bought heavy duty plastic pegs in Wilko that look similar to those.
Use them around the veg garden to keep covers on. They have survived for a good five years now, without any breaking being out in all weathers and seasons.

Have though for washing had the same wooden pegs and basket for 31 years and are still as good as new.
Do bring them indoors though with the dry washing.
They have slightly darkened over the years and easy to fix if they do slip apart.

2020-02-18 12.59.42.jpg

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 12:11 »
"Hurricane force pegs".
5 years of using them and they've keep our laundry on the line in all named storms that have been dry enough to have laundry out in. Their just under £6 on Amazon for 72, last for a few years, more if you take them in and don't leave them on the line in snow and frost like I do. Made from recycled plastic.

I have bought heavy duty plastic pegs in Wilko that look similar to those.
Use them around the veg garden to keep covers on. They have survived for a good five years now, without any breaking being out in all weathers and seasons.

No Wilcos up here and the last time I used wooden they were that weak they couldn't hold the laundry without coming apart.

Growster...

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2020, 17:45 »
Thinking of pegs, we always use them to clip down the shading on the greenhouse roof.

It may only work on aluminium ones, but if they ever get blown away, they're not that expensive to replace!

xx
Just a couple of noshery observations...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

52 Replies
Last post February 11, 2020, 07:32
by Growster...
xx
Wales is Closed for a couple of hours

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post October 29, 2019, 17:16
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 43 queries.